Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Media volume constantly resets to middle of slider

When I adjust the volume in the Android app, it will revert back to the middle of the slider each new track or advertisement. The result is only being able to listen at the desired volume level for a couple minutes at a time, and then having to readj...

• When I adjust the volume in the Android app, it will revert back to the middle of the slider each new track or advertisement. The result is only being able to listen at the desired volume level for a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging on

My phone updated last night while my Spotify was set to offline and now when I try to log in, it tells me I need to be online. How do I get back in to my account??

• My phone updated last night while my Spotify was set to offline and now when I try to log in, it tells me I need to be online. How do I get back in to my account??
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Full albums not appearing

I woke up this morning to find that suddenly many of my saved albums only had a few songs saved if I accessed them through my library. If I search I can get the whole album, but only a small, seemingly random selection will save to my phone.

• I woke up this morning to find that suddenly many of my saved albums only had a few songs saved if I accessed them through my library. If I search I can get the whole album, but only a small, seeming...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Help I got my account b

How do I get back into my account and get on my premium

• Casual Listener
  • How do I get back into my account and get on my premium
  • Melody
  • Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading takes too much time.

Im trying to download a few songs but it takes forever to do so. It took about 3 mins for each song. My wifi connection is strong and stable but it still downloads extremely slowly.

• Im trying to download a few songs but it takes forever to do so. It took about 3 mins for each song. My wifi connection is strong and stable but it still downloads extremely slowly.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Open The Album Pages,Please help

All functions work well, except album page.When I try to open it ,it says "Sorry something went wrong . That didn't work.Please have another go."Internet connection works well.This problem began at yesterday.

• All functions work well, except album page.When I try to open it ,it says "Sorry something went wrong . That didn't work.Please have another go."Internet connection works well.This problem began at y...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs. Where to find these.?

Hej everyone. ANDROID App here.I can't find anywhere the songs that I downloaded.Isn't there any area in the app where that should be shown.?

• Casual Listener
  • Hej everyone.   ANDROID App here. I can't find anywhere the songs that I downloaded. Isn't there any area in the app where that should be shown.?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

NOT WORKING. HELLPPPPP

Hiya! So I'm on Android and my problem is that I cannot log in. Unfortunately, I was logged into Spotify listening to music when all of a sudden it stopped playing the music and LOGGED ME OUT. I only had it offline mode because I was using her acc to...

• Hiya! So I'm on Android and my problem is that I cannot log in.    Unfortunately, I was logged into Spotify listening to music when all of a sudden it stopped playing the music and LOGGED...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling via Steering wheel not working.

Hi, Initially it works well, not sure since when (maybe a month ago) I got this problem. I cannot change songs via steering wheel on my 2015 BMW 320i, other things still work well such as playing back, seeing track info or chagne tracks with the idri...

• Hi,   Initially it works well, not sure since when (maybe a month ago) I got this problem. I cannot change songs via steering wheel on my 2015 BMW 320i, other things still work well such as pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Music quality and equalizer

I have an older Samsung Tab2 7.0 tablet running and have Spotify Premium. I tried to adjust the music quality and access the equalizer but both are unavailble. How can I get those features to show up on my Settings?

• Casual Listener
  • I have an older Samsung Tab2 7.0 tablet running  and have Spotify Premium.  I tried to adjust the music quality and access the equalizer but both are unavailble.  How can I get those f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The little box of the skip and pause

The little box of the pause and skip thing won't show up in my notifications area of the phone when I'm playing music a d exit it while playing the music but the box thing won't show.

• The little box of the pause and skip thing won't show up in my notifications area of the phone when I'm playing music a d exit it while playing the music but the box thing won't show.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing phone if my laptop has spotify open???

My phone kept on crashing but only while i was at home, i came to the conclusion that it is only when my laptop also has spotify open? Any fix? I have reinstalled on both devices and cleared the cache on my phone

• My phone kept on crashing but only while i was at home, i came to the conclusion that it is only when my laptop also has spotify open? Any fix? I have reinstalled on both devices and cleared the cach...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S8+ -- Spotify Freezes

After I installed the most recent update to Spotify on my Galaxy S8+, Spotify will let me login to my account and the app starts, but then immediately crashes and will not load.I've tried all the other recommended fixes I've found here in the forum a...

• After I installed the most recent update to Spotify on my Galaxy S8+, Spotify will let me login to my account and the app starts, but then immediately crashes and will not load. I've tried all the o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant plays same playlist when I say "play some music"

When I ask the google assistant to "play some music", it plays an annoying playlist everytime. I cannot make it continue what it was playing. It swithec to the same playlist everytime. I cannot delete the playlist because it is not mine, I am not fol...

• When I ask the google assistant to "play some music", it plays an annoying playlist everytime. I cannot make it continue what it was playing. It swithec to the same playlist everytime. I cannot delet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist list not loading Android Auto

When I attempt to view the artist list through Android Auto, it never loads and eventually goes back to the main screen. It does this in the downloaded artist list as well. I've tried reinstalling the app and storing everything on an SD card, that do...

• Regular
  • When I attempt to view the artist list through Android Auto, it never loads and eventually goes back to the main screen. It does this in the downloaded artist list as well. I've tried reinstalling th...
  • carlosls
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has 345GB of memory in use

Hello, ( Sorry for my bad english in advance )My spotify always use 345 GB when I look on my Phones memory. I use a Samsung J5 2017 with a 32GB memory Card. I don't know if it's just a visual bug or something like that because I only have ~40GB of me...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, ( Sorry for my bad english in advance 🙂 ) My spotify always use 345 GB when I look on my Phones memory. I use a Samsung J5 2017 with a 32GB memory Card. I don't know if it's just a visual ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

Hello, i was was wondering if there is a way to keep your Spotify available when you’re offline more than 30 days because in the military and deployed you’re usually not able to have a internet connection to verify subscriptions and you music will be...

• Hello,   i was was wondering if there is a way to keep your Spotify available when you’re offline more than 30 days because in the military and deployed you’re usually not able to have a inter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to delete my Spotify account

I created a Spotify account with my Facebook account, I want to delete it so I can use another Spotify account with my Facebook

• I created a Spotify account with my Facebook account, I want to delete it so I can use another Spotify account with my Facebook
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I delete the downloaded lists but no space is freed in the memory ... any solution?

Hello everyone, I have a premium account and a lot of downloaded music. The problem is that when I delete some album or list, it does not release any space in the micro sd ... Does anyone miss it? Does anyone have a solution? thank you very much

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, I have a premium account and a lot of downloaded music. The problem is that when I delete some album or list, it does not release any space in the micro sd ... Does anyone miss it? Do...
  • vavaiaro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starts skipping songs, starts up in background

App worked fine on my old phone (Samsung Note 5) and I recently upgraded to the Note 8 and started having issues with songs skipping. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times the songs will play a few seconds a day start skipping to the next trac...

• App worked fine on my old phone (Samsung Note 5) and I recently upgraded to the Note 8 and started having issues with songs skipping. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times the songs will play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes