Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One song stops playback

One song stops playback

Hi there!

I've been using Spotify happily on my Galaxy S2 now for over a year. I decided it was time to put together a classical playlist, but Spotify on my phone seems to have a disliking of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Every time I attempt to play Antonio Vivaldi – Four Seasons: Spring 1st Mvt., The, playback just cuts off and I have to restart the app before I can listen to any other songs.

I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps and this leads me to believe it's an issue on Spotify's end, not mine. I'm using a custom ROM but I doubt that has anything to do with it - correct me if I'm wrong!

Gimme a follow, throw some tunes in my inbox, I'll do the same. Peace ♪

https://open.spotify.com/user/givstar
4 Replies

Hi. That track played all the way through for me on my Nexus 7. I can't think of any reason why it would cause the issues you're seeing unless (long shot) you have the piece stored locally maybe.

I had this issue with OneRepublic's song "Building Bridges". After clearing cache/app data and reinstalling it (+ a bit of rage, admittedly), it started working again which is weird since I didn't do anything differently.

That's the odd thing - I don't have the song stored locally anywhere. It's neither on my computer or my phone. I've even gone as far as to do a full wipe of my phone and all the temp data on it (factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik cache then flashed a new ROM) and I'm still having the same issue with the same song.

It's looking like I'll just have to take all the Vivaldi off the playlist. Oh well!

Gimme a follow, throw some tunes in my inbox, I'll do the same. Peace ♪

https://open.spotify.com/user/givstar

Before you give up on the first movement, what effect does dragging that track into a new blank playlist have?

@givstar wrote:

That's the odd thing - I don't have the song stored locally anywhere. It's neither on my computer or my phone. I've even gone as far as to do a full wipe of my phone and all the temp data on it (factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik cache then flashed a new ROM) and I'm still having the same issue with the same song.

It's looking like I'll just have to take all the Vivaldi off the playlist. Oh well!

Suggested posts