Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG V20

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, this new Only You feature does not work on my LG V20 (android). All stories jump to the next one very fast as if I was tapping very fast on the screen, only I'm not. So it is impossible to see them. I have also tried tapping on the left side of the screen or doing long taps to stop the stories from just jumping quickly to the next, but it does not work.

I have tried fully deleting the app, then cache, then restarting the phone, reinstalling and nothing.

Exactly the same thing happened to me with 2020 Wrapped, which I never managed to read, despite trying every advice Spotify gave. Many people where complaing about the same thing on the forums back then.

Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @glezalonso @Snitschel @tulasi @Meinschwert @Hazugot 

Looks like those links were archived and are no longer accessible. No worries, I can help out with this.

There was a similar issue last year for the 2020 Wrapped campaign and the solution that helped with that should fix this issue as well.

Here is a comment from another user that solved the issue for them on Android:

"I had the same problem in Android, however I realized that the problem was caused by some developer options in settings. I had always selected the option "animation off" in the next options:

-Window animation scale

-Transition animation scale

-Animator duration scale.

I recommend you to turn this options to the predeterminate value, "Animation scale 1x" for all the options, because after that I was able to open and see my wrapped 2020."

It's also worth making sure any battery saving modes are turned off when trying to access the Only You campaign.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @glezalonso @Snitschel @tulasi @Meinschwert @Hazugot 

Looks like those links were archived and are no longer accessible. No worries, I can help out with this.

There was a similar issue last year for the 2020 Wrapped campaign and the solution that helped with that should fix this issue as well.

Here is a comment from another user that solved the issue for them on Android:

"I had the same problem in Android, however I realized that the problem was caused by some developer options in settings. I had always selected the option "animation off" in the next options:

-Window animation scale

-Transition animation scale

-Animator duration scale.

I recommend you to turn this options to the predeterminate value, "Animation scale 1x" for all the options, because after that I was able to open and see my wrapped 2020."

It's also worth making sure any battery saving modes are turned off when trying to access the Only You campaign.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Platy1
Casual Listener

Yea I had the same problem with wrapped tried the developer settings as well but it doesn't change anything for me sadly

Platy1
Casual Listener
And I have the same problem with Only You right now

Eni

Hey there @Platy1

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you send us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look?

Additionally, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Platy1
Casual Listener

Hello Eni, 

And already thanks for the help. My phone is a Sony Xperia L1, operating system Android 7.0 Nougat and Spotify version 8.6.32.925

Alex

Hey @Platy1,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try turning Battery Saver/ optimization off for Spotify and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Platy1
Casual Listener

Thank you very much, that did indeed fix the problem.

Alex

Hey @Platy1,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that solved the issue for you 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Meinschwert
Visitor

I dont even have the feature at all 

Snitschel
Casual Listener
Me neither. 🙄

Ver

Hey @glezalonso,

Thanks for posting here on the Community.

From looking into this, the cause seems to lie within battery saving and accessibility settings on the devices themselves, which is something we have no influence over.

We'd suggest you follow the suggestions here and here to see if anything changes.

If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

glezalonso
Casual Listener

Hello Ver,

Those links are not public, not accessible. Even if logged in, we can only see this error message: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Maybe you can access them because you are a moderator, but we cannot.

Anyway, I have tried switching off battery saving mode and it does not work. Maybe there is more we can do, but we cannot access those links.

Cheers

Hazugot
Visitor

Can't access those links

tulasi

me netheir

SUGGESTED POSTS