Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium features on Android

Solved!

Premium features on Android

If you've got a question about syncing your music offline on an Android device, we have a couple FAQs here: 

Listen offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.

2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.

3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.

4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.

How do I remove my offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline Devices at the top.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Why does Spotify sometimes top syncing offline playlists?

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active Internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Can I listen offline on more than one device?

Yes. You can save playlists for offline use on up to 3 devices. For example, you could use offline mode on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone at the same time. If you attempt to use offline mode on more than three devices, the oldest registered device won't work offline.

How many tracks can I sync to my device?

With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can sync for offline use 3,333 tracks from the Spotify catalogue on each device (phone, tablet, computer, etc.). If you're syncing your local files, there is no limit.

Have another question? Post it here and a member of the Community can help!

132 Replies

Hey @Speyguy_69,

By completely uninstalled you mean a clean reinstall? If not, do the following:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

3. Reinstall from the Play Store.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

bom dia, foi debitado do meu cartão o valor do premiun 2 vezes e não muda a free pra premium👎

Eu paguei ontem o Premium pelo cartão de crédito e já caiu o pagamento é ainda continuo com a conta gratuita, me ajudem por favor

Paguei e não libera , só aparece que minha conta premiun está em pausa , acho que vou querer meu dinheiro de volta estou me sentindo lesado .

I can help me for de upgrade premium Spotify, about the payment? That no identification for my upgrade... I follow the settings but no work out.
Please.

Hey @taynaribeiro95

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

osorniosSpotify Star

Would all the songs I downloaded for offline use be deleted in doing this too??

Bonjour jaimerais savoir si je mabonne premium avec mon android et que je lutilise dans lauto mon utilisation de donner cellulaire va til vrimper en fleche ou en premiium je nai pas besoin de connection internet????

Bonjour @user-removed,

En premium vous n'aurez pas besoin de connection internet, parce que vous aurez la possibilité de télécharger votre musique sur votre reseau wifi chez vous, et l'utiliser en mode hors ligne sur votre Android.

J'espere que ça vous aide. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,
I have a Premium account, however I cannot find how to remove the Shuffle function.

Please, help!

Viviana

Hi,
I have a Premium account, however I cannot find how to remove the Shuffle function.

Please, help!

Viviana
Marked as solution

Hey @Vi17,

Make sure that the shuffle button isn't enabled in the 'Now Playing' screen.

It's the button that looks like 2 interlinking arrows to the left of the player controls. If it's green, it's on... tap it to disable.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you so much, ,

I have no skills for the interfaces, I am happier with backends 🙂

What do I do I'm trying two get premium but won't let me I got two accounts its saying I forgot my password and it says i can't you bank dealtaies

I downloaded all my songs in my music at home with WiFi. I made sure they are downloaded and even checked the storage taken from Spotify increased to the huge amount of 1.8gb. But now I want to listen to my music offline and the app acts as if I deleted all my songs. But the app is still the same size. I can't access the songs on my device without using data. That just makes me mad. Probably ill have to download them again. But of that causes the songs to duplicate that would take useless space on my phone. So if I don't find a fix I would b forced to reinstall and re-download everything

you must switch to Offline in Spotify

I've tried that. I really hope there was a fix because otherwise i would be
stuck unless i have wifi. I already reinstalled and re-dwonlaoded
everything just so i dont have to bother.

With the new update I can't find my music library
On the bottom of the screen on my android phone it says me but I don't see library

So take a look at the "Me" tab - everything should be there under favorites.

Hi,

I have just subscribed to premium and installed the app, i can download tracks for offiline mode but cannot change the sound quality. I have reinstalled but still the same..

Is this normal?

Screenshot_2017-02-08-17-02-52.png

Suggested posts