Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium features on Android

Solved!

Premium features on Android

If you've got a question about syncing your music offline on an Android device, we have a couple FAQs here: 

Listen offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.

2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.

3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.

4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.

How do I remove my offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline Devices at the top.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Why does Spotify sometimes top syncing offline playlists?

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active Internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Can I listen offline on more than one device?

Yes. You can save playlists for offline use on up to 3 devices. For example, you could use offline mode on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone at the same time. If you attempt to use offline mode on more than three devices, the oldest registered device won't work offline.

How many tracks can I sync to my device?

With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can sync for offline use 3,333 tracks from the Spotify catalogue on each device (phone, tablet, computer, etc.). If you're syncing your local files, there is no limit.

Have another question? Post it here and a member of the Community can help!

132 Replies

Only the relevant options appear when you are playing through another device (your PC for example). Tap the green speaker icon at the bottom and switch back to your android and all options will be available to you.

Im just downloading like 600 songs to my SD-card The problem is: When I close the app for any reason every song is deleted from the offline songs. So I've to download these like 600 songs every day and that makes absolutely no sense for me.

It's not every time closing the app. I can't see a rythm, when the songs are deleted.

I don't have any of the play buttons on my lock screen or in my notification bar anymore why?

Hey @Jeremylogan,

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've only been a premium subscriber for a couple of months but already my downloaded music has disappeared twice for no apparent reason. I still had plenty of memory on my SD card & I didn't change any of the settings or alter anything at all. I was listening to an album & everything was fine & then I closed the application & reopened it 15 minutes later to download a song & everything had vanished. I'm really beginning to wonder why I'm paying for such a frustrating service. Please help before I just give up.

Hey
That's exactly my problem too... But in my case, the songs are deleted
nearly daily. But also the storage setting is resetted nearly daily to the
internal storage.
I can't use Spotify like that. Please fix or I've to change to another
music stream app.

Hey @DaireJ @SwiftBrother

You should keep an eye on the 'Offline devices' listed in your account settings. The same device may be added several times which may make your offline downloads to reset. Delete any duplicate or unrecognized devices you may see and let me know how it goes. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I can't set my offline data location on Android anymore. How can I still do this and will this feature come back in de future?

Same think, I am an old customer and I am back on Spotify, I am surprised to see that the download quality choice does not appear now. I can only change the streaming quality but there is no menu to change offline quality. Is it normal ? The feature has been deleted ?

I downloaded some albums and playlists but sometime my albums did eliminate and can't play without connection, but not my playlist I don't understand :'(
Marked as solution

Hey @abili_o

You should keep an eye on the 'Offline devices' listed in your account settings. The same device may be added several times which may make your offline downloads to reset. Delete any duplicate or unrecognized devices you may see and let me know how it goes. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

My playlist all disappeared when I moved to another apartment. I was thinking to listen them while waiting to.get internet but everything unsync (on my PC and also my cellphone). And also I have the trouble of synching a playlist on the cellphone but it doesn't happen on PC (I need to redo them all the time)

Hallo ich habe mir spotify premium gestern geholt und ich kann kein Lieder vor oder zurück scipen. Mir wird dann angezeigt das ich mir premium holen muss

Hello Spotify,

I just got a new phone and it's actually the first time is not iPhone, it's an android (Huawei to be precise). And so I wanted to add the crossfade option to my phone. Since I have Spotify installed in several devices I know it depends in each which option you add on settings.

The whole option of "Playback..." it's like on gray so I can not click to edit that; neither on the options of:

- Offline mode

- Crossfade

- Gaplless

- Normalize volume

- Device Brodcast Status

- Private Session

- Streaming

- Download

- Download using cellular

Those are all options that a lot of them I want to use. 

Hope you can solve this doubt, also if I want to have in my lock screen like the option to play, pause, skip songs, will be very helpful to know.

Thank you and loking forward for your answer.

Best regards,

Laurette S

Hello, i subscribed for Premium yesterday, it has been almost 24h and still dont have acess to the Premium features. I checked my payment information and it says that i've the subscription active. Can someone help me out please? Thank you

There is a known issue which spotify is looking into. Reinstalling the app following the steps here will fix it.

Do NOT get premium, it is currently useless. There is an issue with the app that does not let you listen to the downloaded songs when you go offline.

Just cancelled my subscription. I could totally afford just keeping it to avoid the ads, but no, i wanna send a message to Spotify team that you either fix this or lose money. I hope you all do the same.

I had a 3 day trip with my Bose QC35 WITHOUT a single song!!!

Spotify team, please drop me a message when you fix this mess to invite me back. Till then, good bye

On my Android my Spotify keeps shutting itself off completely and backing out I have to go back into the app to re-upload it to play songs again about every 20 minutes this is only been happening since I got the Android update on my phone is a Galaxy X4 cell phone is there any chance of a new update

Suggested posts