Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Android Offline Issues

Re: Android Offline Issues

Hi,

This has been very frustrating for me. I love Spotify and I love the most with offline mode. I use offline mode when I travel or where I don't have access to internet. I was enjoying it very much and bragging it to everyone. Until the major upgrade release early June. Since then I cannot listen in offline mode on any of my devices. I currently have version 1.1.2.449 on my Samsung Note II and I have 1.4.0.1334 on my iPhone 5. Plus I have tried on multiple laptops as well (verified that only 3 devices were synced at a time). I have uninstalled my apps off the phone and I have reset the offline devices online, but no luck. My app would save the list as offline list, but then cannot play it when I have no internet access or if the device is in offline mode. Sometimes I noticed the offline lists disappeared as I rebooted the device!!!

Please help and let me know if this fixable as I cannot continue paying for a service that I am not provided. I rather to get my offline mode back than canceling my service.

Thank you.

6 Replies

Hi @mghelech I moved your post into its own thread to make it easier to follow the discussion.

The issue you're having sounds account related rather than device specific as you're getting the same issue across devices. Could you check your offline devices page and see if it looks as it should with only three devices listed? There have been a few reports of multiple instances of the same device appearing which can cause issues.

@Joe,

Thank you for your rapid respond.

Yes I actually notced that and I fgure out the reason as well. Everytime when my device was rebooted, the Spotify would lose the offline libraries, as they were never set to offline. By re-enabling the offline option on any library, spotify was registering the same device as a new device. When I noticed this, I removed the spotify app from all devices but one. Then I reset the offline devices to none. Finally I started testing the offline mode only on 1 device, which yet still wouldn't work. I set 1 or 2 library with offline option, then verified the list of offline devices, then tried to test it out when I had no internet connetivity or when the device was on offline mode.

I did see the green arrow next to the library indicating that the library is available in offline mode, however I couldn't play any of the songs. I tested the steps above on both apple and android devices, but not at a same time!

What can be going wrong??? I would agreethat there might be something wrong with the account as the issue appears on multiple devices.

Please advise.

Thank you.

I suggest getting in touch with the support team here, referring them to this thread to save having to retype everything. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Thank you Joe, I already opened a case and l will update this post with resolution.

That would be great, thanks 🙂

Hi,

FYI, I followed up with support trying to resolve this issue. They were able to resolve the issue temporary but my issue reoccurred after few days. At this point I cannot continue anymore with troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I am going to cancel my premium subscription and look for an alternative service.

Thank you and Good luck.

Suggested posts