Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[STORY] Cover / Lockscreen REQUEST

[STORY] Cover / Lockscreen REQUEST

Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

I'm using Spotify Premium for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. But there is this one little thing that annoys me for some time now. Since an update your lockscreen changes to the album cover you are currently listening to. Very innovative, nice idea and all.. but imagine the following situation (sorry if spelling or grammar mistakes, not my native language):

You, wearing a suit looking badass-business-like, sitting on a train way back home from wherever you had to wear a fu**ing suit, get your headphones out because you feel a great disturbance in the force that immediately manifests itself in some children you see entering the train, while being in something you think is kind of a ragemode because of the aggressive sound level increase. Even the two old ladies sitting next to you are already heavily shaking their heads in disbelief, like they wouldn't understand why they deserve this at all. However, you think "Hey, fu** this s**t, good headphones and spotify premium, why do I even care?", connect your smartphone, open the most relaxing, distracting playlist to forget this crowd around you and press on shuffle. You close your eyes. It works. Your spirit is leaving the train and merges with the music. But after only a couple of minutes you abruptly get teared back to reality because one of the old ladies taps your shoulder multiple times. Unwillingly you remove one side of your headphones and listen to her. She's asking the time. Being the simple question as it is, you don't think about it, you just reach into your pocket and grab your gadget. What you didn't think about too, is the fact that both ladies expectantly stare at your smartphone since the moment you got it out of your jacket. Just like the bored looking guy in front of you does. And maybe, just maybe the cute girl standing at the door 3 meters from your position does, too.

You just don't notice. You don't think about it. You just press the lock-button for a quick look on the lockscreen. Out of habit you don't even notice the cover and just look up the time. 

Before you can open your mouth to inform the ladies about the time you can see a painful mixture between confusion, desperation and disgust in their eyes. The guy in front of you starts laughing and even the cute girl looks away with an obvious smile on her face. You need a moment to understand. But by concentrating to your music again, you do now. You remember the song. You remember the cover. You remember Spotify's function. It's all so clear now. 

They saw THE FACE OF DOOM!

Or even worse, they thought THE FACE OF DOOM is your default lock screen!! 

Only the ones that know THE FACE OF DOOM could understand that it may be more then a lock screen...

That it may be the music you're listening to. On a work day. On the train while driving home, surrounded by people.

Definetly too much information you want to share with random strangers. Nobodys business what fancy-pancy s**t you hear.

Especially when it's a fully red close-up portrait of DARTH MAUL occupying your whole screen.

Never listen Star Wars Soundtracks in public.

Just don't.

Unless there is a possibility to disable this whole lockscreen-cover thing which I don't know about, I would be pleased if you can tell me.

Otherwise we will need to wait until Spotify lets us control this setting. I hope this won't take too long.
Any other experiences with some embarassing cover moments? Wanna hear them all.

Greetz

1 Reply

Hi there.

I like the story, kudos to that my friend!

However, the lock screen artwork is actually a feature of Android and so spotify cannot disable it. What you can do is install a lock screen which doesn't show artwork such as 'Next Lockscreen' by Microsoft.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts