Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i delete the old playlist starred without having to delete every song in it

Can anyone help me out i have the newest version of spotify on my galaxy S3 and i remember have this app on my 1st phone then my second and now my third so being that my first phone had the very old version of spotify with the two playlists liked and...

• Not applicable
  • Can anyone help me out i have the newest version of spotify on my galaxy S3 and i remember have this app on my 1st phone then my second and now my third so being that my first phone had the very old ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crazy data usage

Android 5.1.1Nexus 6.Music quality set to High (medium setting.)Spotify using 200-250mb per day of BACKGROUND data.Total foreground data was about 75mb. 75mb even seems high, since I spent maybe 60 minutes total streaming music over radio.Removed and...

• Music Fan
  • Android 5.1.1 Nexus 6. Music quality set to High (medium setting.) Spotify using 200-250mb per day of BACKGROUND data. Total foreground data was about 75mb.   75mb even seems high, since I...
  • jaser1987
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with SD Card After Reboot

Hi, I formatted my SD Card through my Xperia Z3 with Lollipop.I erased all data from Spotify, included the folder spotify.music.Installed the Spotify again with the SD Card connected and all worked fine.I did download from all my albuns, and verified...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I formatted my SD Card through my Xperia Z3 with Lollipop. I erased all data from Spotify, included the folder spotify.music. Installed the Spotify again with the SD Card connected and...
  • Esdras6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify android widget stopped working

Hi, i did some updates to my android phone and suddenly the spotify widget stopped working doesnt show what im playing, play back and forward buttons are grey out, i deleted the cache and reinstalled spotify but still not working, any ideas on how to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    i did some updates to my android phone and suddenly the spotify widget stopped working doesnt show what im playing, play back and forward buttons are grey out, i deleted the cache ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Widget
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Music - Wi-Fi Will Not Connect

I am a Spotify Premium user as of the start of June. When I first downloaded Spotify Music into my Motorola 2nd Gen, everything was working fine. I added playlist, chose songs and downloaded them for offline listening. However, as soon as I started d...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify Premium user as of the start of June. When I first downloaded Spotify Music into my Motorola 2nd Gen, everything was working fine. I added playlist, chose songs and downloaded them for...
  • Isabelle112811
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect to spotify using wifi, 4G works fine

Hey guys I've got a problem with my spotify, when i'm linked to my home wifi it keeps saying: no internet connection. but when i switch to 4G it works just fine, this is on my HTC one M8 ( with worked fine yesterday) But when i try spotify on my ipad...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys I've got a problem with my spotify, when i'm linked to my home wifi it keeps saying: no internet connection. but when i switch to 4G it works just fine, this is on my HTC one M8 ( with worke...
  • Sss2
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to connect to Playstation Spotify via built-in Nook Spotify?

I can't seem to find the connect button on Spotify. I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that the app is built into my Nook. If I can, where do I find it?

•  I can't seem to find the connect button on Spotify. I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that the app is built into my Nook. If I can, where do I find it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat one disables itself

Hi, Repeat one functionality disables itself after I change the song. It works fine for one song, but does not persist for the next song. For example, when I turn it on while listening to song X, song X keeps repeating, which is fine. But then, if I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Repeat one functionality disables itself after I change the song. It works fine for one song, but does not persist for the next song. For example, when I turn it on while listening to so...
  • midsummerish
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Repeat one
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

No audio after 1 song.

Hi there, I listen to Spotify in bed at night from my Moto G running Android 5.0.2 via a small bluetooth speaker. The problem is that the sound disappears between songs. Often after the first song, sometimes after the 2nd, sometimes later. The track ...

• Hi there,   I listen to Spotify in bed at night from my Moto G running Android 5.0.2 via a small bluetooth speaker.   The problem is that the sound disappears between songs. Often ...
  • lanny20
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not find SD card

I beleive I've read all topics concerning this error. The official reactian was: Stop Spotify (Settings -> Apps -> Spotify) Manually create /storage/sdcard1/Android/data Copy 'com.spotify.music' and all subdirectories from internal storage to '/stora...

• I beleive I've read all topics concerning this error. The official reactian was: Stop Spotify (Settings -> Apps -> Spotify) Manually create /storage/sdcard1/Android/data Copy 'com.spotify.music...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My spotify on android takes forever to load

My spotify on android takes forever to load.

• My spotify on android takes forever to load.
  • jlj66
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect: loses devices and change volume

Playing from mobile phone (Motorola XT1040), Spotify Connect loses remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) connection after pause, when remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) is in screen off mode or Spotify App is running in background. Remote devi...

• Playing from mobile phone (Motorola XT1040),  Spotify Connect loses remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) connection after pause, when remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) is in screen off ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Audio interference

Hi all.So this problem has been happening for a few weeks now. At random intervals I can hear beeps/screeches etc when playing tracks.I have tries multiple versions of Spotify, headphones and phone speaker, downloaded playlists and streaming, all the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all. So this problem has been happening for a few weeks now. At random intervals I can hear beeps/screeches etc when playing tracks. I have tries multiple versions of Spotify, headphones and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium no premium.

http://imgur.com/oGG1NHNPlayer won't play offline. Not sure what else todo. Tried reinstalling. Logging out. Boring works. Please advise.

• Not applicable
  • http://imgur.com/oGG1NHN Player won't play offline. Not sure what else to do. Tried reinstalling. Logging out. Boring works. Please advise.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App design request

Hey Spotify I really like your app for Android and I have a request for a future update Could you make the notification bar flush with the upper part of the "now playing" interface similar to the rest of the interface in the app ?I've attached 2 scre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify 🙂 I really like your app for Android and I have a request for a future update 🙂 Could you make the notification bar flush with the upper part of the "now playing" interface simi...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Support?

Does Spotify on Android support bluetooth? I've been using it with my bluetooth headphones without incident, but I couldn't get it to connect to the JVC player in my car, although other music players on my phone work fine.

• Does Spotify on Android support bluetooth? I've been using it with my bluetooth headphones without incident, but I couldn't get it to connect to the JVC player in my car, although other music players...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A "Featured Friend" is "blank"?

I tap the "add people" icon at the top right corner, tap to select the "Featured" column, one in the list is a blank. Screen grab -https://goo.gl/photos/55pZpwJobG6RZFyw7 . Is it normal?

• Regular
  • I tap the "add people" icon at the top right corner, tap to select the "Featured" column, one in the list is a blank. Screen grab -https://goo.gl/photos/55pZpwJobG6RZFyw7 . Is it normal?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mini Cooper F56 Bluetooth Album Art

I don't understand what can be so hard about making the Android version of the Spotify player be able to send album cover art via Bluetooth to a new 2015 F56 Mini Cooper hardtop. Phone is running Android 4.4.2. If I use my wife's iPhone and the Spoti...

• I don't understand what can be so hard about making the Android version of the Spotify player be able to send album cover art via Bluetooth to a new 2015 F56 Mini Cooper hardtop. Phone is runnin...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Album art saving to gallery automatically

Little thumbnails of the album art for everything I listen to on my HTC device ends up saving to my gallery. Is this something I can fix with spotify settings or is it likely an issue with my phone?

• Little thumbnails of the album art for everything I listen to on my HTC device ends up saving to my gallery. Is this something I can fix with spotify settings or is it likely an issue with my phone?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

3.0 release change

I use my android tablet to teach spin class, so these new changes weren't helpful! You moved the "data" of the song to the side of the picture and made it much smaller. I need to be able to see the timing of the song, which I was able to do easily wh...

• I use my android tablet to teach spin class, so these new changes weren't helpful!  You moved the "data" of the song to the side of the picture and made it much smaller.  I need to be able ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes