Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some downloaded songs wont play

Some downloaded songs wont play

I've searched the forum for solutions, but haven't found anything.

I use a Sony Xperia Z and some of the songs I've downloaded just refuse to play on my phone. If I play them on my computer they work just fine. I've tried to delete them for the playlist both on my computer and my phone, but to no difference. It is always the same songs that does this.

What could be the issue here?

11 Replies

Just have to add that I of course redownload them after I've deletet them, but they still wont work...

Are these all local files rather than downloaded music from spotify? If so, there is something about them which causes them not to work on spotify. What format are they in and do they play in the default music player if you just copy them over to your android?

These are songs downloaded from Spotify. I have no local files on neither my phone or my computer...

That's odd. Could you pop these tracks into a playlist on their own and post a link to it (right click/copy spotify URI) making sure the playlist is public?

I'm probably going to suggest clearing the spotify cache on your android but I'd like to try the tracks myself first 🙂

Test

Just a few of the songs that won't work.

I've tried to clear Spotify cache, deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app, but it didn't help. The songs play just fine on my computer, but, as I said, not on my phone.

Hi. The songs play fine on my android both streamed and downloaded. I assume that downloading that small playlist doesn't work for you either so could you try another clean reinstall, following the steps outlined in this post then try again.

Tried. Didn't work.

Any other suggestions on how to solve this?

I find it kind of annoying that I can't use music from Spotify the way that I want. Could it be my phone that is "sick". Has anyone else experienced the same (possibly with the same phone?)?

And where can I get help if noone here knows?

On the offchance that there's something weird connected to your account, could you try using the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

There was something wierd connected to my account. 😛

I contacted support and they responded really quicly (within an hour) and after a few mails they found out that there was something wrong witn my offline devices data. They deleted them from the system and after resyncing it works just fine. 🙂

Thanks to 

Oh awesome. Glad it's fixed for you. Enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts