Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android Mobile App doesn't work in online mode

Spotify Android Mobile App doesn't work in online mode

I've asked for "customer support" to help me with this. They have responded that they cannot offer any troubleshooting, because my device is not supported.

The app crashes every time I put it into online mode. It works in offline mode. Online, it works for about 15 seconds and then freezes.

Any advice would be helpful.

"Customer support" is unresponsive at best.

6 Replies

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you for a few days on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Ics android 4.0). I don't understand becaus it used to work perfectly a week ago and I made no update or other big "change" in the phone.  I tried to uninstall and re-install the app but it didn't work. I'm a bit lost ^^

If I find some answers I'll make you know. Hope you'll do the same.

Found a solution !(at least it worked for me)

1-put your device offline (no wifi, no 3G...)

2-in spotify, go to settings and "delete the cache"

3-in the main directory of the phone, delete the "spotidy 2 folder"

4-Start Spotify on the phone

5-enjoy !

Does that delete my offline playlists?

Yes it will. But unfortunately for those of us on 'unsupported' handsets or Android versions that seems to be the only solution. I'm having to wipe and resync my stuff every week or two until they get around to writing a stable app that actually runs on the majority of phones.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hey my galaxy s i9000 works with caynogenmod... the playlists wont start downloading...
i tried to delete cache but i dont find the "spotify 2 folder"

is there any solution for the playlist problem, spotify prem is useless for me without phone using...

I had the same problem and now it works! I went to setting and disabled 'download over 2G/3G'.

Now it works perfectly. Let me know if it works for you.

Suggested posts