Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App Wont Play/Sync My Local Files From Laptop

Spotify App Wont Play/Sync My Local Files From Laptop

I got Spotify Premium about two months ago and it has been working perfectly! The only problem is that ever since today, my downloaded local files wont play (only about 3 work, the rest are not downloaded apparently.) I've tried redownloading them, deleting the Spotify app cache, and moving the songs to a new playlist. None of these methods have worked on the Spotify app; and I'm pretty dissapointed because the main reason as to why I got Premium in the first place was so I could listen to a couple hundreds of songs that weren't on Spotify. If I'm not able to fix this, I may as well cancel my Premium subscription..

The only two things I could think of that would caus this are either:

- The new Spotify update

- Not using my microSD card anymore as Spotify's music data storage location

Screenshot_2017-07-11-22-32-25.png
1 Reply

Usually it's down to the firewall but here's a list of other possible causes. of local files not downloading:

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Suggested posts