Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on Chromebook via Android Apps support?

Spotify App on Chromebook via Android Apps support?

Since Chromebooks have recently been enabled to run Android apps, I was wondering if any of you have first hand experience on using the Spotify mobile app on a Chromebook. If who ever has would be kind enough to share their user experience with me that would be much appreciated! 

4 Replies

I have an Asus C302 Chromebook and the app works just fine.  Anything specific you want to know?

Could you show me some screenshots of it so I can see how it looks? (Pretty minor thing ik, but you don't have to)

Hi,

Are you able to save your offline music directly in the chromebook sdcard or you need to save it in the chromebook internal memory?

Thx

I am currently using the app on my Acer Chromebook R11 and everything is pretty smooth. There are several features in the settings that are missing such as offline mode, crossfade, gapless playback, normalize volume, device broadcast status, all social aspects (except last.fm scrobbling), music quality options (both streaming and dowloading), downloading using cellular (because chromebooks cannot access cell networks), and equilizer. The app also doesn't support transfering of local files from your PC yet. However, you can use the Stranger Things mode easter egg. It is basically the web player except you can download music and use a few extra settings.

Suggested posts