Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify always prompts me to stay online or go offline

Spotify always prompts me to stay online or go offline

I have two phones, one Nexus S and one HTC Wildfire. For some reason, on the Wildfire, whenever I leave my local wireless network, while I am playing music on it, it stops playing and prompts me, whether I want to stay online or go into offline mode. The Spotify App doesn't do that on the Nexus S.

How can I prevent the App from prompting me this every time? There does not seem to be a setting for it.

4 Replies

Hmm, not entirely sure why that would be. You might want to try a clean installation on the Wildfire - You can find instructions on that on the link below.

http://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/tech/reinstallation-of-spotify-android/

Bare in mind that any offline playlists you have will need to be resynced.
Airhorn Enthusiast

That did not help unfortunately.

I went to More > Settings and selected Clear saved data in the Spotify app. Then I closed it and went to Settings > Application > Manage applications > Spotify, cleared the data, just to be safe and then uninstalled it. After that, I went into the Market and installed the App again.

But still, everytime I start the app and I am in the mobile network, or everytime the app is running and I switch to the mobile network, the app tells me, that it forced itself into offline mode, since I am "no longer in my home network" and I have to choose Go Online again.

It's very annoying.

// edit: just to clarify what message I mean:

Never mind, I fixed it. I had to enable "National data roaming" (which, I believe, is only available in CyanogenMod; didn't see it elsewhere yet, or maybe it's something unique to Gingerbread) and disable "Data roaming", in order to get rid of that message in Spotify (I need to use roaming within my country with the network provider I use).

OMG does this mean i have to install a custom rom to my Galaxy SII to get rid of this **bleep**?

U pay full price and the only thing you get is problems. GODDAMN!

Make an option in Spotify so that you can remove these **bleep** popups or i will cancel my subscription.

You have til the end of this month.............. 

😉 

Suggested posts