Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New release without sound

Hi ! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. While I have enjoyed my spotify premium account for a while now, I dont really care much for the latest release. This is because it is completely silent... Everything seems to be in working order; program starts, down...

• Hi !   I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. While I have enjoyed my spotify premium account for a while now, I dont really care much for the latest release. This is because it is completely silent......
  • StickyIcky
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Subscriber count not updating

Every playlist I view shows 0 subscribers. This was working fine in the preview. Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS. Spotify for Android 0.5.0.1247

• Community Legend
  • Every playlist I view shows 0 subscribers. This was working fine in the preview.   Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS. Spotify for Android 0.5.0.1247
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New release is exactly why Spotify should have released a second beta. RANT

I'm not being funny but this release basically is a beta, crucial missing features, massive design flaws, things not working properly. It just beggars belief to me that Spotify didn't try and work out how we would feel about this before they released...

• Roadie
  • I'm not being funny but this release basically is a beta, crucial missing features, massive design flaws, things not working properly.   It just beggars belief to me that Spotify didn't try ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes

missing feature landscape

I miss the function of the app in landscape mode to make. This would be important for my Tablet.

• I miss the function of the app in landscape mode to make. This would be important for my Tablet.
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Reinstall Spotify from clean on new version

I'm having a lot of problems with the new version of spotify (on my HTC Desire, Android 2.2). Firstly I installed the preview/beta version of spotify (before they released it on the market place) and found that it was kicking out my SD card (unexpect...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a lot of problems with the new version of spotify (on my HTC Desire, Android 2.2). Firstly I installed the preview/beta version of spotify (before they released it on the market place) and...
  • Afront
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem since last Spotify Android Update

Dear Spotify Coustomer Support!Yesterday my Spotify on my Galaxy S!! worked just fine, all my lists and downloaded list were working. But this morning NOTHING works, the only list that are available are my Starred lists but nothing else. What i can u...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify Coustomer Support! Yesterday my Spotify on my Galaxy S!! worked just fine, all my lists and downloaded list were working. But this morning NOTHING works, the only list that are avai...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Won't Sync

I bought a Samsung Galaxy SIII yesterday, and I am trying to get my playlists on it. I let it "load" all night, and ended up with just my starred songs. When I go on devices on spotify on my computer, the phone turns up, but I can only sync local fil...

• Regular
  • I bought a Samsung Galaxy SIII yesterday, and I am trying to get my playlists on it. I let it "load" all night, and ended up with just my starred songs. When I go on devices on spotify on my computer...
  • Sweholy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

galaxy 2-no songs

i have installed latest upgrade and now although my phone shows playlists they are empty and i am unable to sync anything as just says loading.Left everything on overnight and still nothing,not really impressed as have used spotify for years and now ...

• Visitor
  • i have installed latest upgrade and now although my phone shows playlists they are empty and i am unable to sync anything as just says loading.Left everything on overnight and still nothing,not reall...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help with the app on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I had the old spotify app before the updte, and for like an hour or two it worked fine, i was able to search and play sic. After the two hours it completly crashed on me, so i uninstalled. After the recent update I tried it again. Now when I log in, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I had the old spotify app before the updte, and for like an hour or two it worked fine, i was able to search and play sic. After the two hours it completly crashed on me, so i uninstalled. After the ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stupid question....

Please pardon my stupidity, I know this *has* to be a stupid question that my lack of expertise is obvious. With the new upgrade for the android yesterday, and it says "download"? Is it actually downloading to my harddrive? Or is it just syncing like...

• Casual Listener
  • Please pardon my stupidity, I know this *has* to be a stupid question that my lack of expertise is obvious. With the new upgrade for the android yesterday, and it says "download"? Is it actually down...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add files to playlist makes Spotify crash

Each time I add files to a playlist on my HTC Desire 2.3.3 Spotify crashes. This is very annoying. Who has the solution? Thanx!

• Each time I add files to a playlist on my HTC Desire 2.3.3 Spotify crashes. This is very annoying. Who has the solution? Thanx!
  • jayysenn
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes

consuming 3G data

Hello,I have installed tbe preview version for Android on my s3. I have configured it not to use 2G/3G for streaming or snchronizing. However, I have found that spotify has consumed about 60 Mb of data.Have I missconfigured something?Appart from this...

• Hello, I have installed tbe preview version for Android on my s3. I have configured it not to use 2G/3G for streaming or snchronizing. However, I have found that spotify has consumed about 60 Mb o...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login to new Spotify Android Update

HTC Thunderbolt running on VZW network Android 2.3.4 with HTC Sense 2.1 Running Spotify 0.5.0.1247.g94a8231b - downloaded just this morning from Google Play Market On the login screen, I say No No No to the facebook stuff, just take me to the login I...

• Casual Listener
  • HTC Thunderbolt running on VZW network Android 2.3.4 with HTC Sense 2.1   Running Spotify 0.5.0.1247.g94a8231b - downloaded just this morning from Google Play Market     On...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't download tracks on s2

trying to download playlists to galaxy s2 but download bar just sits on 0%. tried uninstalling and it gets to about 50% and then freezes

• trying to download playlists to galaxy s2 but download bar just sits on 0%. tried uninstalling and it gets to about 50% and then freezes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor sound quality on Samsung W

I hawe a Samsung Wonder, when using spotify the sound in my ear plugs is like the back channels in a 5.1 system. I can hear the music pretty good but the vocals is like far away and echoish. Playing a track in the mediaplayer sounds normal and the se...

• I hawe a Samsung Wonder, when using spotify the sound in my ear plugs is like the back channels in a 5.1 system. I can hear the music pretty good but the vocals is like far away and echoish. Playing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! last.fm scrobbling - does it work for anyone?

Did anyone had success with the last.fm scrobbling in the new Android ICS App?I've entered my login data but there wasn't any confirmation if it was successful or not. Once I go back to settings my last.fm data are empty again...which "might" be for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Did anyone had success with the last.fm scrobbling in the new Android ICS App? I've entered my login data but there wasn't any confirmation if it was successful or not.  Once I go back to set...
  • FlobyIV
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

song

my songs will not play all the way thru ? what tha problem is  

• my songs will not play all the way thru ? what tha problem is  
  • gavinsend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of my playlist songs are greyed out

I have premium and I created a few playlists of a bunch of songs from local files on my desktop. I let it do its thing and sync the playlists. Then I open up mobile on my phone and I can actually play like 4 out of 100 songs of each playlist, the res...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and I created a few playlists of a bunch of songs from local files on my desktop. I let it do its thing and sync the playlists. Then I open up mobile on my phone and I can actually pla...
  • gavinsend
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"spotify is offline" Galaxy S2

Okay so Spotify was not working this morning via my mobile when I got up, I uninstalled and reinstalled on my Galaxy S2 and a shiny new app was in play(which I was unaware was coming). Good, good so I thought...........however it has remained with th...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so Spotify was not working this morning via my mobile when I got up, I uninstalled and reinstalled on my Galaxy S2 and a shiny new app was in play(which I was unaware was coming). Good...
  • retrospekt
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes