Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New version of Spotify not recognizing that a device is plugged in.

New version of Spotify not recognizing that a device is plugged in.

This is so freaking frustrating...what a piece of crap app...seriously.

I've never had so many problems with one app in my life....it's laughable.

The main problem is that it's finicky about recognizing my android device. When I run the latest version from the play store it doesn't recognize that ANY device is on the same WIFI with spotify open.

I have to use an old version to get it to recognize and start syncing and even then I've had to install/reinstall/clear data/reinstall/change password/reinstall/change download high quality...over and over again.

right now it ONLY will work on an old version...not the new version.

Do you have any fresh suggestions and not the same old garbage-stalling-tactics that you've provided in the past?

2 Replies

I am having a similar problem. I recently decided to deactivate my Facebook. This meant that I could no longer login to my Spotify account so I deactivated that one and made a new account using email on my computer. But now when I plug my ipod in and log in with my NEW email and password details, the old account playlists are there Spotify isn't recognizing my ipod to sync the new playlists I had to re-make. It's very frustrating. I don't understand why my old playlists from my Facebook account are still on my ipod even though I'm logging in with new information and I don't know why it isn't reading my device or any device. All Spotify tells me to do is plug it in and try again. Well, that didn't work. I hope someone has a suggestion. They don't even let you call a customer service rep. You have to fill out a form and hope it comes back with an answer......

When I had this issue before, I managed to get the Android device showing up by doing the following -

* Ensure that your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that your computer is on.
* Select a playlist on your Phone with local files, and toggle the "Download Playlist" option on.

It's worthwhile mentioning that if you wanted to sync tracks from the Spotify service, rather than local files, you do not need to connect this to your computer - This is all done directly on your phone.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts