Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App Android

I have a problem with the application on my mobile phone. When I fill my e-mail and my password , It shows a warning message on the data transfert of the streaming music and when I click on OK, the same message come again. I have a sony Xperia S

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with the application on my mobile phone. When I fill my e-mail and my password , It shows a warning message on the data transfert of the streaming music and when I click on OK, the s...
  • lgfr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when I star a song that is playing

Hi, Every time I star a song that is playing (to add it to fav and have it available offline) Spotify crashes. I have an HTC Thunderbolt

• Hi,   Every time I star a song that is playing (to add it to fav and have it available offline) Spotify crashes.   I have an HTC Thunderbolt 
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app exits directly after login, on ICS

I have a Nexus S android running ICS.A couple of days ago the Spotify app started malfunctioning. When I started it, it would log in as expected and display the playlists. However, after a small number of seconds, it exited without any warning whatso...

• Regular
  • I have a Nexus S android running ICS. A couple of days ago the Spotify app started malfunctioning. When I started it, it would log in as expected and display the playlists. However, after a small nu...
  • Matt1984
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 4 likes

Why my local files don't appear in my library?

Subject says it all. I'm missing the local files which I haven't starred. It's really annoying cause i'm not going to star 800 songs. The songs are divided to 2 parts: starred and local files. All I want is that they would be under same directory/fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Subject says it all. I'm missing the local files which I haven't starred. It's really annoying cause i'm not going to star 800 songs. The songs are divided to 2 parts: starred and local files. All I ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has too many issues on my tablet

I have a Vizio tablet and Spotify has too many issues for me to wnt to use it on it. First, when I try logging on, I constantly tells me about a warning for data usage. I click ok and it gives me the warning....over and over and over. The forces me t...

• I have a Vizio tablet and Spotify has too many issues for me to wnt to use it on it. First, when I try logging on, I constantly tells me about a warning for data usage. I click ok and it gives me the...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can not get past a warning screen in Andriod

I have Spotify Premium and installed the app on my mobile andriod phone, Samsung SG2. The login was successful, but can not get past the window that warns of high date consumption (my data bundle has a max of 1000MB). This warning screen comes back e...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and installed the app on my mobile andriod phone, Samsung SG2. The login was successful, but can not get past the window that warns of high date consumption (my data bundle has...
  • caccie42
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S II

The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ: (3) Application compatibilityIn ICS OS, few applications downloaded from Android market or other will not work because they are not opti...

• Community Legend
  • The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ:   (3)   Application compatibility In ICS OS, few applica...
  • BioZvin
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Phone goes offline/online constantly

My phone bounces between online and offline, never staying online for more than 2-3 seconds. This happens in full services areas, and occasionally when on wifi. Other services like Google Music stream fine, so it's not the data connection. Anyone els...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone bounces between online and offline, never staying online for more than 2-3 seconds. This happens in full services areas, and occasionally when on wifi. Other services like Google Music strea...
  • heresandyboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Tracks that will play but won't sync

Got this problem with a couple of playlists. They are set to be synced to the phone. The playlist says that it is downloaded. But only a few of the tracks have the green marker beside them to say they are actually local files. The tracks that don't h...

• Gig Goer
  • Got this problem with a couple of playlists.   They are set to be synced to the phone. The playlist says that it is downloaded. But only a few of the tracks have the green marker beside them t...
  • Brainfish
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Spotify Links in the new Spotify Preview

When pressing the "Play in Spotify" link in Shazam, it doesn't open the song in spotify but opens the browser to log into the spotify account. Not sure if this is a spotify or shazam bug, but it's there.

• When pressing the "Play in Spotify" link in Shazam, it doesn't open the song in spotify but opens the browser to log into the spotify account.   Not sure if this is a spotify or shazam bug, bu...
  • mekon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Error Code 410

Not sure what changed today but when I attempt to login using my Facebook (name@gmail.com) I receive error 410. I reinstalled Spotify and change my Facebook password. Still cannot login and I am certain that there is not a space at the end of my user...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure what changed today but when I attempt to login using my Facebook (name@gmail.com) I receive error 410.  I reinstalled Spotify and change my Facebook password.  Still cannot lo...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify goes offline on my samsung tablet

I've got Spotify premium and use spotify on my phone. When I use Spotify on my tablet it goes offline after a few seconds. Does this mean that my account is "locked" to my phone? I can listen to my music offline but it's not updating my playlist. How...

• I've got Spotify premium and use spotify on my phone. When I use Spotify on my tablet it goes offline after a few seconds. Does this mean that my account is "locked" to my phone? I can listen to my m...
  • tradguy
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Will Spotify support ICS/Tablets or go to Rdio?

Does anyone know if Spotify is aware of Android, ICS, or tablets? Or should I just go ahead and switch to Rdio?

• Does anyone know if Spotify is aware of Android, ICS, or tablets?    Or should I just go ahead and switch to Rdio?
  • tradguy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Musiktitel werden nicht für den Onlinemodus runtergeladen

Hey, da mein Router nicht W-Lan fähig ist und in meinem Dorf der Internetempfang nicht so gut ist, kann ich keine Titel für den Offlinemodus downloaden. Jedoch kann ich mein Handy per Kabel am Laptop anschließen und mit dem Handy durch den Laptop ins...

• Hey,   da mein Router nicht W-Lan fähig ist und in meinem Dorf der Internetempfang nicht so gut ist, kann ich keine Titel für den Offlinemodus downloaden. Jedoch kann ich mein Handy per Ka...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes instantly when I launch it

Spotify was working perfectly in offline mode. When I disabled "Force offline" Spotify kept crashing when when Istarted the app. I've completely removed Spotify and reinstalled. Now it instantly closes (no error message) when I launch the app. I'm us...

• Regular
  • Spotify was working perfectly in offline mode. When I disabled "Force offline" Spotify kept crashing when when Istarted the app.   I've completely removed Spotify and reinstalled. Now it insta...
  • goncalo
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! error 112

Hey! My samsung galaxy s2 wont run spotify. It did work before. I have tried to reinstall the app, turned the phone on&off, still dont work.When i start the app, i get to log in. Error 112 or 212 pops on the screen. Then i can see my playlists for a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! My samsung galaxy s2 wont run spotify. It did work before. I have tried to reinstall the app, turned the phone on&off, still dont work. When i start the app, i get to log in. Error 11...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist problems with ICS update

Samsung Galaxy S2, ICS - I don't seem to be able to download to cache anymore. When I download new albums as playlist, they don't seem to download and I can't find them in my list of playlists. anyone else encountered this? very frustrating....

• Visitor
  • Samsung Galaxy S2, ICS - I don't seem to be able to download to cache anymore.  When I download new albums as playlist, they don't seem to download and I can't find them in my list of playlists....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing incredibly slow on retail and preview releases, HTC desire on Orange UK.

Pretty simple.. Over wifi, the speeds are catastrophic. Three minutes for the first track, and the others are trailing along. In the last week and a half I've not once completed the sync for my 423 track playlist. It has only been reset twice (once i...

• Pretty simple.. Over wifi, the speeds are catastrophic. Three minutes for the first track, and the others are trailing along. In the last week and a half I've not once completed the sync for my 423 t...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app + Facebook

Hey. Everytime i login to my spotify app, it activates my deactivated Facebook page. This is really annoying, what do I do?? // Jenn

• Hey. Everytime i login to my spotify app, it activates my deactivated Facebook page. This is really annoying, what do I do?? // Jenn
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow offline sync on Beta App - Galaxy Nexus

Hi, I'm experiencing really really slow sync speeds with my Galaxy Nexus. Interestingly, my iPad's sync speeds are a lot better. Anyone else getting the same experience?

• Hi,   I'm experiencing really really slow sync speeds with my Galaxy Nexus.     Interestingly, my iPad's sync speeds are a lot better.   Anyone else getting the same experie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes