Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to playlists offline anymore....

So yesterday and pretty much everyday for the past month I have listened to a playlist with about 150 tracks (18 local files) on my way home from work. Today I am unable to listen to any song that isn't specifically a local file. This makes spotify p...

• So yesterday and pretty much everyday for the past month I have listened to a playlist with about 150 tracks (18 local files) on my way home from work. Today I am unable to listen to any song that is...
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer search for music

I have Spotify running on a Samsung galaxy s1. Since the last update I have been unable to search for music. It won't find anything.

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify running on a Samsung galaxy s1. Since the last update I have been unable to search for music. It won't find anything.
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's Android Developers M.I.A.

Over in the iOS forum there is interaction and feedback from some of Spotify's iOS developers (nevyn, Bengan and soho).Here in the Android forum the developers are conspicuous by their absence.Who are Spotify's Android developers?Can they please intr...

• Community Legend
  • Over in the iOS forum there is interaction and feedback from some of Spotify's iOS developers (nevyn, Bengan and soho). Here in the Android forum the developers are conspicuous by their absence. ...
  • Spyke
  • Roadie
  • 24 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 31 likes

Spotify Android App is crashes unexpectedly all the time?

I am currently a Spotify Premium member and I use Spotify on Android. Whenever my app downloads enough songs, the app will crash. This crash will terminate spotify within 3 seconds since its launch and I can't do anything except uninstall and reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • I am currently a Spotify Premium member and I use Spotify on Android.    Whenever my app downloads enough songs, the app will crash. This crash will terminate spotify within 3 seconds sin...
  • Rankhar
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality, mediocre at best, need higher bitrates! Any plans for higher?

Im really disappointed with the sound quality that spotify provides on the mobile. I believe it provides 160kbps ogg, comparable to 192kbps MP3, but you can hear the music start to break up and become muffled, particularly on tracks that have a lot g...

• Casual Listener
  • Im really disappointed with the sound quality that spotify provides on the mobile. I believe it provides 160kbps ogg, comparable to 192kbps MP3, but you can hear the music start to break up and ...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! "Radio" not available in mobile mode?

i love spotify. good program....i have fixed the issues of "off line" when mobile.....turns out i changed my FB password, so it was locked in on my old login.....i simply deleted the app, reloaded and FIXST!! one thing that troubles me.....how come i...

• i love spotify. good program....i have fixed the issues of "off line" when mobile.....turns out i changed my FB password, so it was locked in on my old login.....i simply deleted the app, reloaded an...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ICS (android 4) and Transformer Prime syncing problems

Hi. I haven't found any real answer to this. The problem I, and a lot of other people are having, is that Spotify freezes up after syncing 50-60 songs. Then I have to log out, then log in again. Then the app is stucked in offline mode. Has this anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.    I haven't found any real answer to this.  The problem I, and a lot of other people are having, is that Spotify freezes up after syncing 50-60 songs.  Then I have to log...
  • stodge_pj
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app crashes when trying to play local music files

Like the subject says, the Android app on my Galaxy Nexus crashes when trying to play local music files. I have a bunch of files starred, a mix of local music files and stuff off of Spotify which syncs to my phone. I play through the Starred playlist...

• Like the subject says, the Android app on my Galaxy Nexus crashes when trying to play local music files. I have a bunch of files starred, a mix of local music files and stuff off of Spotify which syn...
  • rferrett
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung Galaxy TAB

Hii.... When i log on spotify on my tab, it telling me that i have to make sure that it uses much data to run spotify, i press ok and the same message keeps going on and on and on.... so i cant log on???So please,, help me..... Maria

• Hii....   When i log on spotify on my tab, it telling me that i have to make sure that it uses much data to run spotify, i press ok and the same message keeps going on and on and on.... so i c...
  • Spyke
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Movil

Hola,tengo una cuenta premiun,,y cuadno quiero iniciar sesion desde el movil (Android),me dice:" Nombre de usuario o contraseña no validos "

• Hola,tengo una cuenta premiun,,y cuadno quiero iniciar sesion desde el movil (Android),me dice:" Nombre de usuario o contraseña no validos "
  • Psychotoxic
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

bad working network

My phone android huawei u8220 is not working at all with spotify. When I start its lo´gging me out after a a about 30 seconds. with other network programs it's working but with spotify not. What to do?

• My phone android  huawei u8220 is not working at all with spotify. When I start its lo´gging me out after a a about 30 seconds. with other network programs it's working but with spotify not. Wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle button mysteriously disappeared

The button to toggle shuffle has magically disappeared on my Dell Streak 7 running 3.2. I am paying $10/mo for this, it'd be nice if it worked properly.

• The button to toggle shuffle has magically disappeared on my Dell Streak 7 running 3.2. I am paying $10/mo for this, it'd be nice if it worked properly.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Congratulations! Worst Android App I have ever used.

Hello, Due to the amazing efforts of everyone at Spotify you win the coveted Worst Android App of 2012. You cleverly designed in all kinds of features to piss your users off such as, disappearing for no reason while playing, regularly switching into ...

• Hello,    Due to the amazing efforts of everyone at Spotify you win the coveted Worst Android App of 2012. You cleverly designed in all kinds of features to piss your users off such as, d...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify premium just stopped working

I've had Sotify premium on my phone for more than 6 months but know it has stopped working. Doesn't log in, just a black screan. Why?? Anyone who knows how to fix it?

• I've had Sotify premium on my phone for more than 6 months but know it has stopped working. Doesn't log in, just a black screan.  Why?? Anyone who knows how to fix it?
  • gms49
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android issues a real dropped ball

I've been a Napster subscriber (£15 a month) for 8 years. I took out a premium subscription for Spotify a couple of days ago out of frustration with the relaunched apps from Rhapsody for Napster: the desktop software and the phone app aren't a patch ...

• Roadie
  • I've been a Napster subscriber (£15 a month) for 8 years. I took out a premium subscription for Spotify a couple of days ago out of frustration with the relaunched apps from Rhapsody for Napster: the...
  • Rankhar
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Message I just sent to Subscription Support

Hi, Thanks to Spotify's poor Android support the client no longer logs in on any of my mobile devices: Samsung Galaxy S 2Samsung Galaxy NexusSamsung Nexus SMotorola Xoom I'd like a refund of my remaining subscription as I have moved to Rdio. If they ...

• Hi,   Thanks to Spotify's poor Android support the client no longer logs in on any of my mobile devices:   Samsung Galaxy S 2 Samsung Galaxy Nexus Samsung Nexus S Motorola Xoom &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Another user has put Spotify offline. Help!

Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get the message "Another user has put Spotify offline....

• Regular
  • Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get...
  • ralph
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Member with 3G?

is streaming [galaxy tab] with 3G smoothly? rentable?

• Casual Listener
  • is streaming [galaxy tab] with 3G smoothly? rentable?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify repeatedly crashes with error 112 on Google Nexus S on ICS 4.0.3

Nuff said. I'm a premium subscriber and this is unacceptable. What is the ICS story? Is there one? I love Spotify but am this close to moving to MOG...

• Nuff said. I'm a premium subscriber and this is unacceptable. What is the ICS story? Is there one? I love Spotify but am this close to moving to MOG... 😕 
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes