Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App says its playing when its not.

App says its playing when its not.

I think basically due to lack of signal it's struggling to get the data however the app says it is actually playing. As there doesn't seem to be a close application option ending the task or rebooting the phone seems to sort it out. If it can't play that's fine but I'm getting annoyed with it saying its playing and putting my phone down at work and then 10 seconds into the track still no sound is coming out. Getting annoyed with connection problems on the Windows client too so my old method of dealing with it of "oh well It's still worth it for the other client" is wearing thin.
7 Replies

Same problem here.

Sometimes, when switching to next track, the music stop playing but the track progress indicator move like if it was playing something.

The solution I found for the app to play sound again: Go to Preferences -> Switch to offline mode like 5 seconds and back to online mode => The track starts playing again.

App : last app available on Google Play

Smartphone : Samsung GS 3.

I dont think this is should be that difficult to fix since it produce at least every 20 minutes or 2/3 tracks when listening to radio. 

Very annoying when listening music in a car using bluetooth....

Are you both using the Jelly Bean android os on the device? Are you connected via wifi or 3G when this issue happens.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I run Android 2.3.5 and my Spotify version is the latest according to Play at 0.5.3.56

I've definitely had this happen on 3G and I *THINK* It's also happened on WiFi too, I'll re-post here if I can get it to do it again connected through WiFi.

You could try using the older version of the app to see if it works any better.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Appreciate the advice but I never install apps from anywhere except the market. I know it's a million miles away from a totally foolproof security measure but still.

Then I'd say backup the device, factory reset and format usb storage and format sd card / remove sd card and insert a new one (empty) and the when factory reset has been done, Spotify should be the first app to install and see if it still acts like this.

I use My Backup Pro to backup on data + McAfee Mobile Security.

I don't have anything to backup really. I'll just factory reset it and install Spotify first and see how I get on. I'll report back either in a week or the next time it does it. Which ever is sooner.

I'm interested to see if Speedy has any more to add and what version of Android he's running.

Suggested posts