Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Available Offline - Resyncing Playlists

Available Offline - Resyncing Playlists

Does anyone here know why some playlists that I've already synced for offline listening on my S2 suddenly get unsynced and I have to go through the whole procedure again (i.e., resyncing). This happens every month or so and doesn't seem to affect all playlists. 

This is pretty annoying when you're out and about and suddenly you find you can't listen to stuff you've already taken offline. 

Thanks.

7 Replies

If it is different playlists each time then it might be because Spotify are re-encoding a load of the collection to support features like gapless playback and maybe higher bit-rates - each time they re-encode an album your Spotify client would want to resync it.

If it's the same playlists each time then it could just be a bug - there's a couple in the Android app (end of sarcasm). I've spent hours resyncing lists that have suddenly disappeared for some reason.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Having seen more recent posts, it could be that this relates to the re-encoding work that's happening at the moment, although I have experienced the same thing intermitently in the past.

I'll need to monitor this once Spotify has finished the re-encoding.

Thanks for your help.

This have been my problem for months now,

And i am not surprised.

What am i paying for?

Me too!! This is getting really annoying!!

Smiley Mad

Hey!

Is it the same set of tracks being resynced over and over again, or is it a different set of tracks each time?

If it's the latter, then it's most like this resyncing that rr_123 mentioned. My colleague explained a little more about this here.

If it is the same tracks each time, then that might need to be looked into a little closer.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have started to have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S2 since I upgraded to the Ice Cream Sandwich OS.

I have set playlists to offline mode on the desktop app and I've downloaded playlists to the device, but they keep dissapearing entirely. One session they will be there, then something happens (ie yet another crash on the phone) and they're gone. The app then remains in offline mode and there seems to be no way to force it to resync to get them back.

I've now downloaded the Rdio and Deezer apps and will take out comparable premium subscriptions with each of them. If the service is better I will be forced to cancel my Spotify subscription, which is a shame as I've been a fanboy of the service since it launched.

It's a shame that more of the help and support isn't provided by Spotify itself, rather than relying on this 'community' to respond to problems and suggest workaround solutions.

Same issue on my android device.
At each restart of the app, the latest playlists and offline playlists have disappeared. The app need to be online, the missing playlists are loading... and the offline ones are resyncing. Really really annoying and as stephen, think really about changing premium subscription to another service.

Suggested posts