Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

219 Replies

Wicked ! Looking forward to it .

Wonder what the new version number is so I can look it up

I never connect my watch to WiFi, there is no need for it, all firmware updates so far was done via Bluetooth from the phone.

This is not the first time when firmware released in US first and few weeks or months later we get it in Australia as well.

Spotify app within Gear fit 2 does NOT work at all. Everytime you re-install it after it asks you to on the gear fit 2, its says "old app adn please re-install". Every person who reviewed the app  in the samsung gear app store complains about the app not working at all. I don't understand how samsung and spotify continue to not fix the app and/or gear so this product works as advertised. If the feature does not work, don't have this as your top 5 features when selling in adverterising. I'm strongly considering returning my device. 

Waiting to have the update released for Mexico...

It's working on mine & I'm in England.

As I said it can be a bit of a pain to start up but went for a walk yesterday without my phone & just my Gear fit 2 running Spotify with 2 different playlist I had downloaded to it & it played with no stuttering like it used to.

I can confirm that upgrading the gear firmware from R360XXU1DQE6 to R360XXU1DQI2 has fixed my spotify issues! Remember to try updating manually, like I did. 

1. Launch Samsung gear application

2. Settings --> Scroll down and enter "About gear"
3. Update Gear Software 

4. Press Download updates manually, and the application will look for available software updates. 

5. If available, connect to your gear and let the magic happen. 

What version of Spotify do you have on your watch? and does it match with the version on Samsung Gera Apps??

Thanks. I just update the version. Later I will check the Spotify App.

Yes!, the Soptify issues are gone!.

Great job to the Spotify and Samsung Gear team Staff.

May I ask, in chwich country the new firmware is available yet. It seems that I cannot acquire it via Samsung Gear in Germany yet. Actually the stuttering is a real issue and I would like to resolve as quick as I can.

In Mexico is already available. But you need to do the update manually. 

Available here in Norway. Have you tried to search manually for update? 

Not available in Australia as well yet (did manual update check), but we always get updates last.

But at least we have nice beaches here 🙂

Yep, I tried the manual update but it says that I am on the newest Version already although I am not. Is it possible to get the update as .apk in Norway/Mexiko as well..?

Cheerio from beachless Germany !

Not available yet in UK either. I keep hitting the check updates with no luck.

I'm in the UK & it works fine on mine now after the update on my Gear fit. Also works on my Gear S3 as well. No problems with stuttering anymore on either.

Do Samsung roll out updates geographically or is it just random?

Ive still not had the update yet ☹.

Will the update be available for gear fit 2. Not pro version. update not availlable for me in Norway.

Should work in Norway, check out the steps I've posted on page 17. 🙂 

Month later still no update in Australia. 😞

Suggested posts