Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't connect - Android app

Solved!

Spotify can't connect - Android app

I appologise for this being a subject of discussion beforen ow but I cannot find a solution that actually works.

Basically put, I'm using an android phone (Xperia SP) and my Spotify app was working fine the wholetime i've had it but now suddenly this afternoon it's just stopped connectign to the internet. It continuously says it's in offline mode when it's not or that there's no internet connection whic hthere clearly is.

This problem began with no change in the connection of my phone. no settigns had been adjusted at all. the only possible thing was the battery level dropping to about 12% before I plugged it in. but it's about 40% now and still is not working.

I definitaly have "Offline mode" turned OFF i nthe settings, I have tried my usual Wifi, my 4G data roming, and even both. I have gone through my phone's settigns and found nothing prohibiting connection as far as I could see. when I tried logging out and back in it also could not conenctfor quite some time. I have since also tried restartign the app, reinstalling the app, and restartign the phone. nothing is working.

Does anyone have a solution that might help me? if anyone needs more details just ask.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For the sake of being thurough, the instructions on how to do a clean re-install are listed below. If you already did all those steps, gloss over and keep reading. If there's a step there you missed, just go ahead and try it again.

1. From the home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps.
  3. If you're able to, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Uninstall to remove the app.
  5. Turn your device off and then back on.
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Alright! If that still didn't do the trick for you, then are you certain you are running the most recent version of Spotify? If your Spotify is outdated, or your phone is too outdated in regards to the Spotify version then it is possible that you could get a whole bunch of weird bugs like that. If that's all in order and you've still got issues, please let me know and I'll do some digging for you. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

For the sake of being thurough, the instructions on how to do a clean re-install are listed below. If you already did all those steps, gloss over and keep reading. If there's a step there you missed, just go ahead and try it again.

1. From the home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps.
  3. If you're able to, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Uninstall to remove the app.
  5. Turn your device off and then back on.
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Alright! If that still didn't do the trick for you, then are you certain you are running the most recent version of Spotify? If your Spotify is outdated, or your phone is too outdated in regards to the Spotify version then it is possible that you could get a whole bunch of weird bugs like that. If that's all in order and you've still got issues, please let me know and I'll do some digging for you. Cheers!

Hi! Sorry for taking so long to reply and thank you for the response

I actually don't know if it did or not. because at first it still was not working. I'd go out listenign to spotify on 4g and then come home and switch to Wifi and it still would not work. but now it does work at home, but not while I'm using Wifi in piublic places.

it seams to come on and off as it pleases which is rather odd.

But I think it at least helped. it seems to be working great while i'm at home right now.

hi, pues a mí no me funciona. No puedo conectarme a spoti, me dice que no tiene conexion....y siii tiene conexión.

Spoiler

BTW...I had been having this issue for 2 mons. At one point, going back to version 2.8 fixed it. Now have the latest version and will attempt your fix (although doing it with previous versions did not solve the issue.)

Suggested posts