Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify controls unresponsive on Galaxy S8 lockscreen and smartwatch

Spotify controls unresponsive on Galaxy S8 lockscreen and smartwatch

Suddenly over the past week I've started having issues with the Spotify menue on my lock screen and my smartwatch. If I unlock the phone it works and if I restart my phone the lock screen and smartwatch controls will function but only for a few hours and then they go dead again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no success. 

3 Replies

I have this problem too. Try going into settings and enabling the broadcast status setting and restarting your phone. Fixed mine for now, will report if it stops working.

I've also got this issue.

It seems to be intermittent and only shows up after my phone has been on for a while. A restart will temporarily fix it. I've tried re-installing the app and it seems to also just be a temporary fix. 
When the issue appears, I cannot control spotify from seemingly anything besides the app itself.

I lose control from the lock screen, headphone controls, bluetooth controls and android auto controls. 

Same hear with a Note 8. I removed music player from the lockscreen as was also having Android Auto issues - in general Spotify is becoming very flaky.

Suggested posts