Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Android app automatically downloading saved artists and albums

Solved!

Stop Android app automatically downloading saved artists and albums

Hi All,

So yesterday I decided to finally ditch all my local mp3's I have on my phone and switch fully to using Spotify.

I spent about an hour on the desktop app adding all my albums to the my music section, following the individual artist and saving the albums I wanted. All in all I now have about 6700 tracks in my spotify library.

My problem is this, once I had fiished doing this my spotify ap started to automatically sync all 6700 tracks to my phone, these are not playlists that have been set to offline just 'saved' albums, is there a way to stop spotify doing this?

The reason it's an issue is because of the 3,333 track limit, I know I can't download every track so my plan was to build some playlsts based on this collection and sync them but I'm unable to do this due to the above issue? Anyone able to help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Many thanks for using Spotify as your main music Collection.

Can you please re-install app of your Android, it should work. Also this is possible solution if you want to follow it, but it is surfing on app itself. Please 1. go to main page of app, 2. go to Songs in Your Music and 3. Untick Offline button here - songs will stop from Downloading. Like I said, it will work also when you re-install app. It is extremely easy to push this little button w/o notice and then tracks starts to download. Just untick it. Downloaded content will be removed to save space on your phone.

Also please keep in mind there are some limits placed to Collection, you can have no more than limited amount of cd's placed here. The CD limit depends on track amount on these, max. is 10,000 songs in Your Music.

It is better to set your fave music as playlists, there is 10,000 songs / list limit. You can have Unlimited playlists.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I hope you will have great day.

Kind regards

Jyrziu xd

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Perfect, thats solved the problem, thank you very much!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Many thanks for using Spotify as your main music Collection.

Can you please re-install app of your Android, it should work. Also this is possible solution if you want to follow it, but it is surfing on app itself. Please 1. go to main page of app, 2. go to Songs in Your Music and 3. Untick Offline button here - songs will stop from Downloading. Like I said, it will work also when you re-install app. It is extremely easy to push this little button w/o notice and then tracks starts to download. Just untick it. Downloaded content will be removed to save space on your phone.

Also please keep in mind there are some limits placed to Collection, you can have no more than limited amount of cd's placed here. The CD limit depends on track amount on these, max. is 10,000 songs in Your Music.

It is better to set your fave music as playlists, there is 10,000 songs / list limit. You can have Unlimited playlists.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I hope you will have great day.

Kind regards

Jyrziu xd

Marked as solution

Perfect, thats solved the problem, thank you very much!

Hi.

Cool to hear! Enjoy your music loud.

Music Happy Spotifying! Music

Suggested posts