Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stream Music from your Android Device to a PC/Mac?

Solved!

Stream Music from your Android Device to a PC/Mac?

Hey, following situation:

1. Configuration: My Windows 7 PC is connected via HDMI to my AV Receiver (Denon AVR 1311). My TV works as the screen for my PC. The PC is connected via WLAN to the internet. Right now I use the Spotify Desktop program on my Windows PC to manage the music.

2. What I would like to achieve: I don´t want to use my TV screen for controlling Spotify through my Windows PC anymore. Instead I would like to have a remote screen (e.g. an Android Tablet PC) to control all Spotify functions remotely (also change playlists, add music...). Now I want to hear the music through the loudspeakers connected to the Denon Receiver. As the Denon Receiver is too old to support the Denon Spotiy App, I need a workaround.

So basically it is about sending the sound output of the tablet PC wirelessly to the PC.

Do you have some suggestions how to achieve my goal without buying a new AV Receiver? What kind of tablet PC would you recommend (I don´t have one yet)? It doesn´t have to be a Android tablet, if other solutions with my existing configuration would be more suitable  (a MacBook Air would also be available as an alternative to the Windows PC, if that helps).

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solutions:

1. The app Spotimote works quite fine for my purposes.

2. Windows Remote Desktop App: there is a way to have the picture on your Android device and the sound on your PC (I didn´t see that option during my first try). Edit your Remote PC and then go to "Advanced". There you can choose between the sound option "Play on remote PC", "Play on Device" and "Don´t play sound".

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Take a look at Google play for remote apps. Most will run on any android device and include the official Microsoft Remote Desktop and several spotify remotes like this, all of which should do what you want.

Thanks. I tried both apps.

1. Spotify Controller: works kind of, but I can´t import playlists from my Spotify Windows client (message from the app: "We have detected that you are running Windows. Unfortunately Spotify on Windows does not support loading playlists from another program"). When I can´t load my playlists, the app is unfortunately kind of useless.

2. Remote Desktop: works great, but only one problem: the sound output comes from my android device, not my PC (and my PC is connected to my stereo). Is there a way to tell the program, that the picture should be on the remote device but the sound still on the PC?

Marked as solution

Solutions:

1. The app Spotimote works quite fine for my purposes.

2. Windows Remote Desktop App: there is a way to have the picture on your Android device and the sound on your PC (I didn´t see that option during my first try). Edit your Remote PC and then go to "Advanced". There you can choose between the sound option "Play on remote PC", "Play on Device" and "Don´t play sound".

Hi, any one know how stream spotify from my android to a pc?  I have spotify running and being controlled on the android and wish to stream the music from the phone to my pc.  I'm happy to lose te android sound output to the pc.  Any help appreciated.  SpottySanta

@SpottySanta wrote:

Hi, any one know how stream spotify from my android to a pc?  I have spotify running and being controlled on the android and wish to stream the music from the phone to my pc.  I'm happy to lose te android sound output to the pc.  Any help appreciated.  SpottySanta

My only suggestion would be hard wired with an aux cable. 

Alternatively you could install the Spotify app on your pc and you should be able to use connect to make your phone the controller. 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts