Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble Downloading Spotify Playlists

Trouble Downloading Spotify Playlists

So I recently purchased a new micro sd card specifically because I wanted to download more music from spotify as I am planning on going on a trip next week and It would be  nice to have some music to accompany me along the way. However, spotify continues to cease downloading my playlist each time I try to save them. It would make it to maybe around 200 songs if lucky. I thought maybe the problem was with the new sd card at first, so I formatted it and reinstalled spotify--still the problem persisted. I decided to just give up after this point and work on the issue later on. So I reinsert my last sd card in the hopes that I could just return to my previous downloaded songs from the last several months. However, the problem simply reemerged with my old sd card! This confused me and I searched for solutions all over the Internet and spotify community only to find that others had been struggling with the same issue, many without a permanent solution. I honestly love spotify premium and was planning to have it for years to come. But I have concluded that if this problem persists, I will have to cancel my subscription and move to another service. So this is my last attempt at finding a solution--any way that this problem could be fixed?

1 Reply

Hi, 

Spotify saves all of your music in a specific cache folder, 

This means that you can't have half of your songs saved on the card and half somewhere else

The easiest solution would be to move other files on your phone (e.g pictures and video and stuff) onto the SD card to make room for your Spotify songs on the main folder of your phone

Hope this helps, 

John

Suggested posts