Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to remove old android version

Unable to remove old android version

I always get asked to remove the old version of Spotify when I open my current vesion and I always do, then carry on using Spotify, then most of the time when I open Spotify I get asked again and all the time and can't stop the Android app from asking me to remove the old version.  I have unintalled Spofify and restarted phone and re-installed and I am still asked to remove the old app, and around and around I go.  I am using a Samsung S5 using an SD card and have premium version, can anyone help because I am geting sick of this, thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Could you try this.

• Uninstall spotify
  • Use a file explorer to locate and delete the following folders on both internal and external storage:

\android\data\com.spotify.music

\android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

• Download and install spotify music from Play

Shout if you still have problems.

Hi Thanks for the post Joe I have this problem on my Galaxy S5 4.4.2 and have done since we aere forced to do the app upgrade for security purposes earlier thsii year. I have tried uninstalling the app and removing the folders listed... I do not find the folders below either on the Card or Phone post uninstall. I then install again from Play Store and when I open the app I am asked to do "housekeeping and remove the old app. I select "remove the old app" then "uninstall" and then I get a message saying uninstall was unsuccessful. Any further thoughts on this one please would be greatly appreciated? Thanks

Suggested posts