Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I download songs from Spotify from my Android, where do they go?

When I download songs from Spotify from my Android, where do they go?

Hi,

I'm a premium member, and I am trying to download some songs locally to my Samsung5 phone.  In Spotify it says my songs were downloaded, but I can't find them anywhere in my file explorer on my phone.  Where do they usually end up when you download them?

Thanks for any help - Sabina

4 Replies

Hello Sabina. Please follow all the steps described here 

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

When you download songs they go to the cache folder 'Android\data\com.spotify.music\'

These files are encrypted so that they can only be played using the Spotify app.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Oh ok - they are encrypted.  I didn't realize that.  I should've added that I was hoping they were downloadable as MP3 files so I could listen to them through some music slow-downer software (I'm a musician and I use this to learn songs).  So there's no way to download them as MP3s or MP4s?

I'm afraid not as this would break the agreement with the record labels/artists. If they were mp3 then it would be a) easy to distribute freely and b) the artist would not get the relevant royalties for each play of a track.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts