Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect doesn't work anymore

I used to be able to control Spotify on my PC via my smartphone. But somehow the App (the Connect Feature) doesn't find my PC anymore. Songs play of course only on one device at the same time. But when my PC plays music there's no indication on my ph...

• I used to be able to control Spotify on my PC via my smartphone. But somehow the App (the Connect Feature) doesn't find my PC anymore. Songs play of course only on one device at the same time. But wh...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to omit all songs of a specific genre?

I'd like to continue to use the public Spotify playlists; however, I'd like to have the Android app skip all rap songs. Furthermore, is it possible to teach the algorithm to skip all rap by disliking all rap songs? Thanks!

• I'd like to continue to use the public Spotify playlists; however, I'd like to have the Android app skip all rap songs. Furthermore, is it possible to teach the algorithm to skip all rap b...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When I download songs from Spotify from my Android, where do they go?

Hi, I'm a premium member, and I am trying to download some songs locally to my Samsung5 phone. In Spotify it says my songs were downloaded, but I can't find them anywhere in my file explorer on my phone. Where do they usually end up when you download...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm a premium member, and I am trying to download some songs locally to my Samsung5 phone.  In Spotify it says my songs were downloaded, but I can't find them anywhere in my file ex...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App not working on my Android

It's been going on for a while now. I open the app and the first thing I see is an error message saying that the app has stopped working and it gives me two options, to report or close. I have reported it many times and nothing has happened!! I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • It's been going on for a while now. I open the app and the first thing I see is an error message saying that the app has stopped working and it gives me two options, to report or close. I have report...
  • ladagerick
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

how to turn off volume normalizing on android app

I can not find a way to toggle volume level normalizing off, there must be one, right?Alternative would be too crazy so there must be a switch, where is it?

• Regular
  • I can not find a way to toggle volume level normalizing off, there must be one, right? Alternative would be too crazy so there must be a switch, where is it?
  • Ilzamastron
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify turns offline then online.

Hello!As the title say my spotify goes from offline to online, i cant listen to a single song.I have reinstalled spotify aswell as cleard my cache. What should i do now?Phone: Xperia Z2Android version: 5.0.2

• Hello! As the title say my spotify goes from offline to online, i cant listen to a single song. I have reinstalled spotify aswell as cleard my cache. What should i do now? Phone: Xperia Z2 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

favorieten

Ik heb in de map 254.000 songs. En dat lijkt wel gevolgen te hebben. Inladen duurt eeuwen, een nummer wissen ook minuten. Ik heb de Android versie 4.2.2 versie, dus de optie 'bewerken' is er niet. Het moet toch mogelijk zijn om de favorieten lijst te...

• Casual Listener
  • Ik heb in de map 254.000 songs. En dat lijkt wel gevolgen te hebben. Inladen duurt eeuwen, een nummer wissen ook minuten. Ik heb de Android versie 4.2.2 versie, dus de optie 'bewerken' is er niet. He...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inbox (Android) vs Messages (Windows) problem/question

Hey all, I'm having a bit of a confusing time with the whole inbox/messages thing so I'm hoping someone can explain! Today I was at my parents (who both have their own accounts). We were discussing some music and I was on my Android phone and said I'...

• Roadie
  • Hey all,   I'm having a bit of a confusing time with the whole inbox/messages thing so I'm hoping someone can explain! Today I was at my parents (who both have their own accounts). We were dis...
  • lexy
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App extremely slow on HTC One M8

The spotify app is extremely slow on my mobile phone (HTC One M8). This is already the case since January this year. Mostly, the app just keeps on loading (over 5 minutes). Big playlists are even totally unable to load. It shows than only a part of t...

• The spotify app is extremely slow on my mobile phone (HTC One M8). This is already the case since January this year. Mostly, the app just keeps on loading (over 5 minutes). Big playlists are even tot...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Android settings keep messing up

I'm having a problem with the settings. This includes everything with a slider next to it (Offline mode, Gapless, Device Broadcast Status, etc). My problem is that, more often than not, the setting will be enabled even if the toggle is switched to 'o...

• I'm having a problem with the settings. This includes everything with a slider next to it (Offline mode, Gapless, Device Broadcast Status, etc).   My problem is that, more often than not, the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New format "Viral 50" and other charts - Saving offline

Hi everyone my name is Andy, I've been an almost religious listener of the Viral 50 playlist since it first started a year ago. It's now been reformatted and placed under a new "Charts" menu in the Browse section. It's not treated as a traditional pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone my name is Andy,   I've been an almost religious listener of the Viral 50 playlist since it first started a year ago. It's now been reformatted and placed under a new "Charts" menu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Connect Freezes

If I use the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 to control music on another device via Connect (usually PS3 recently but I have the same problem with other devices), within a few songs the app freezes on one song and I can no longer see what's playi...

• Gig Goer
  • If I use the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 to control music on another device via Connect (usually PS3 recently but I have the same problem with other devices), within a few songs the app freez...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

saved offline music vanished after making payment

Made payment, now my music is gone. followed directions, Logged out and back in. it says to delete "empty" account. There is no empty account! Still no music. Im paying 10$ a month for this crap? Bull**bleep** yo!

• Casual Listener
  • Made payment, now my music is gone. followed directions, Logged out and back in. it says to delete "empty" account. There is no empty account! Still no music. Im paying 10$ a month for this crap? Bul...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: Spotify Connect - Using Radio function on controlling device causes disconnect

Whenever I try to use the radio function on a device (A) which is controlling the playback of another device (B), my playback device (B) will disconnect from Spotify Connect and I have to force close and start it again on the playback device (B) to s...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to use the radio function on a device (A) which is controlling the playback of another device (B), my playback device (B) will disconnect from Spotify Connect and I have to force close...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

favourites

Spotify works slow, loading in the favourites list takes forever! So my request is: to erase the favourites list, its enormous with 254.000 songs. I have them safely on another acount, but if possible: i'd gladly keep my playinglists. Spotify works h...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works slow, loading in the favourites list takes forever! So my request is: to erase the favourites list, its enormous with 254.000 songs. I have them safely on another acount, but if possibl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free instead of Premium/Music not playing

Evening! Ive basically seen that since 31st March some people premium account have gone to spotify free. This has just occured to me tonight.My spotify 'free' is working on my Laptop but on my phone it isnt. When i try to play music on my playlist it...

• Regular
  • Evening! Ive basically seen that since 31st March some people premium account have gone to spotify free. This has just occured to me tonight. My spotify 'free' is working on my Laptop but on my ph...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist problems

I logged in and out.. and even switched my phone off but I still cant select what song I want to play.. DX

• Music Fan
  • I logged in and out.. and even switched my phone off but I still cant select what song I want to play.. DX
  • k-builder
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

have to dl dled music time and again

It's so freaking annoying.It happens very often now that dled playlists are suddenly not available offline anymore. I don't get it, what's to be done about this?I have an s4, standard, with sd card

• Visitor
  • It's so freaking annoying. It happens very often now that dled playlists are suddenly not available offline anymore. I don't get it, what's to be done about this? I have an s4, standard, with sd ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Local Music

is there any way to import my local music I have on my PC (windows 7) from iTunes and import it into Spotify to sync with my Android phone?I want to be able to listen to it on my Android (nexus 5) but can't find any way to do this.... song > desktop ...

• Casual Listener
  • is there any way to import my local music I have on my PC (windows 7) from iTunes and import it into Spotify to sync with my Android phone? I want to be able to listen to it on my Android (nexu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

my music isn't syncing

I recently made a new playlist and it isn't syncing to offline mode when I set it so it tried reinstalling the app on my iPhone 5 and now all my old music that was offline isn't anymore and it's not letting me put it offline anymore.

• I recently made a new playlist and it isn't syncing to offline mode when I set it so it tried reinstalling the app on my iPhone 5 and now all my old music that was offline isn't anymore and it's not ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes