Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App extremely slow on HTC One M8

The spotify app is extremely slow on my mobile phone (HTC One M8). This is already the case since January this year. Mostly, the app just keeps on loading (over 5 minutes). Big playlists are even totally unable to load. It shows than only a part of t...

• The spotify app is extremely slow on my mobile phone (HTC One M8). This is already the case since January this year. Mostly, the app just keeps on loading (over 5 minutes). Big playlists are even tot...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Android settings keep messing up

I'm having a problem with the settings. This includes everything with a slider next to it (Offline mode, Gapless, Device Broadcast Status, etc). My problem is that, more often than not, the setting will be enabled even if the toggle is switched to 'o...

• I'm having a problem with the settings. This includes everything with a slider next to it (Offline mode, Gapless, Device Broadcast Status, etc).   My problem is that, more often than not, the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New format "Viral 50" and other charts - Saving offline

Hi everyone my name is Andy, I've been an almost religious listener of the Viral 50 playlist since it first started a year ago. It's now been reformatted and placed under a new "Charts" menu in the Browse section. It's not treated as a traditional pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone my name is Andy,   I've been an almost religious listener of the Viral 50 playlist since it first started a year ago. It's now been reformatted and placed under a new "Charts" menu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Connect Freezes

If I use the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 to control music on another device via Connect (usually PS3 recently but I have the same problem with other devices), within a few songs the app freezes on one song and I can no longer see what's playi...

• Gig Goer
  • If I use the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 to control music on another device via Connect (usually PS3 recently but I have the same problem with other devices), within a few songs the app freez...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

saved offline music vanished after making payment

Made payment, now my music is gone. followed directions, Logged out and back in. it says to delete "empty" account. There is no empty account! Still no music. Im paying 10$ a month for this crap? Bull**bleep** yo!

• Casual Listener
  • Made payment, now my music is gone. followed directions, Logged out and back in. it says to delete "empty" account. There is no empty account! Still no music. Im paying 10$ a month for this crap? Bul...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: Spotify Connect - Using Radio function on controlling device causes disconnect

Whenever I try to use the radio function on a device (A) which is controlling the playback of another device (B), my playback device (B) will disconnect from Spotify Connect and I have to force close and start it again on the playback device (B) to s...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to use the radio function on a device (A) which is controlling the playback of another device (B), my playback device (B) will disconnect from Spotify Connect and I have to force close...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

favourites

Spotify works slow, loading in the favourites list takes forever! So my request is: to erase the favourites list, its enormous with 254.000 songs. I have them safely on another acount, but if possible: i'd gladly keep my playinglists. Spotify works h...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works slow, loading in the favourites list takes forever! So my request is: to erase the favourites list, its enormous with 254.000 songs. I have them safely on another acount, but if possibl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free instead of Premium/Music not playing

Evening! Ive basically seen that since 31st March some people premium account have gone to spotify free. This has just occured to me tonight.My spotify 'free' is working on my Laptop but on my phone it isnt. When i try to play music on my playlist it...

• Regular
  • Evening! Ive basically seen that since 31st March some people premium account have gone to spotify free. This has just occured to me tonight. My spotify 'free' is working on my Laptop but on my ph...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist problems

I logged in and out.. and even switched my phone off but I still cant select what song I want to play.. DX

• Music Fan
  • I logged in and out.. and even switched my phone off but I still cant select what song I want to play.. DX
  • k-builder
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

have to dl dled music time and again

It's so freaking annoying.It happens very often now that dled playlists are suddenly not available offline anymore. I don't get it, what's to be done about this?I have an s4, standard, with sd card

• Visitor
  • It's so freaking annoying. It happens very often now that dled playlists are suddenly not available offline anymore. I don't get it, what's to be done about this? I have an s4, standard, with sd ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Local Music

is there any way to import my local music I have on my PC (windows 7) from iTunes and import it into Spotify to sync with my Android phone?I want to be able to listen to it on my Android (nexus 5) but can't find any way to do this.... song > desktop ...

• Casual Listener
  • is there any way to import my local music I have on my PC (windows 7) from iTunes and import it into Spotify to sync with my Android phone? I want to be able to listen to it on my Android (nexu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

my music isn't syncing

I recently made a new playlist and it isn't syncing to offline mode when I set it so it tried reinstalling the app on my iPhone 5 and now all my old music that was offline isn't anymore and it's not letting me put it offline anymore.

• I recently made a new playlist and it isn't syncing to offline mode when I set it so it tried reinstalling the app on my iPhone 5 and now all my old music that was offline isn't anymore and it's not ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone to Android

I switched from iPhone to Android and noticed an insane amount of small features that make a big difference in the flow of the app. I was wondering if this is because of a good reason or just because iPhone costumers are more important? I love the se...

• I switched from iPhone to Android and noticed an insane amount of small features that make a big difference in the flow of the app. I was wondering if this is because of a good reason or just because...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not usable anymore on Xperia SP (C5303)

Greetings! I'm experiencing few disadvantages of using Spotify on my Xperia SP (C5303) with Android v4.3. The problem appeared after certain update of the software (I don't remember which it was and I don't remember of the version of that app in the ...

• Greetings!   I'm experiencing few disadvantages of using Spotify on my Xperia SP (C5303) with Android v4.3. The problem appeared after certain update of the software (I don't remember which it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on phone uses a lot of battery if only used as remote

Hi, I use my Android phone to control Spotify on the PC, and it still uses a lot of battery. This is inconvenient. Is there any way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use my Android phone to control Spotify on the PC, and it still uses a lot of battery. This is inconvenient. Is there any way to fix this?
  • wuggyboo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection problems since lollipop update Sony Xperia Z3 conpact

Spotify app says "There is no internet connection" when 4g is avaible and working. Tried to restart, sign out, reinstall, still nothing. Please fix!

• Spotify app says "There is no internet connection" when 4g is avaible and working. Tried to restart, sign out, reinstall, still nothing. Please fix!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

unusable Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.2 kernel 3.4.0 Clean Install please help

Greetings, One hundred premium supported of Spotify since US release. loved the my app"s Api now that has been shelved and is missed deeply. The Chrome Spotifyy web helper simply causes to come to a halt. What is beautiful and amazing is to be able t...

• Regular
  • Greetings, One hundred premium supported of Spotify  since US release. loved the my app"s Api now that has been shelved and is missed deeply. The Chrome Spotifyy web helper simply causes to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Download songs with Ethernet (wired) connection

I can't download song while i'm on ethernet (wired conenction), with my asus fonepad 7.Spotify streaming works, but if i want to download songs it says that i should enable sync over 2G/3G . If i enable that options i still get this error message.I h...

• I can't download song while i'm on ethernet (wired conenction), with my asus fonepad 7. Spotify streaming works, but if i want to download songs it says that i should enable sync over 2G/3G . If i e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify logs off every time phone is restarted

Spotify logs off every time phone is restarted. If I'm unlucky enough to be somewhere there is no internet, I end up with no music. When I have internet, sometimes it tells me I have too many offline devices, yet I only have it on one cellphone!!!I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify logs off every time phone is restarted. If I'm unlucky enough to be somewhere there is no internet, I end up with no music. When I have internet, sometimes it tells me I have too many offline...
  • LoggedInUser
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why wont spotify let me log in??

I moved to japan and this litle box keeps popping up saying "looks like you are trying to log in in a different country" I already change my adress on my fb saying that I live in japan but it won't work and im getting really tierd of it!!

• I moved to japan and this litle box keeps popping up saying "looks like you are trying to log in in a different country" I already change my adress on my fb saying that I live in japan but it won't w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes