Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong song name in notification bar and app

Wrong song name in notification bar and app

I noticed a this problem about a week or two ago. The name of the song played is displayed completely different. It has a artist name and a follwing title of another song, the rest like cover and artist are correct. I tried un- and reinstalling as per official manual but still have the same issue on data and wifi. It's really annoying when wanting to know a song's name.

Added a screenshot for visualization.

Screenshot_20180207-144045.png
3 Replies

Sometimes it happen that, when you swap song on your phone, the image will not change, or the image change but the track info wont. It's a know issue since two or three version of spotify, if I'm right they should've fixed this and we won't experience this error in the next version of spotify app 🙂

I'm having the same issue when playing songs on the exact same playlist (Viva Latino). But not exclusively on that playlist though, I also noticed the problem on the RapCaviar playlist. So it seems to me that this is a playlist related problem and further research online seems to confirm this. Still haven't found a solution though. Hope to find it here because it's quite annoying.

As ArneVDL found out, the same problem has been around since April 2017 in this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Right-Song-Wrong-Title-Name/m-p/4382753#M126670

For everyone discovering this first, please refer to the other post so we're all in the same place.

Suggested posts