Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

avoid auto download music marked as 'like' from redio over mobile network

avoid auto download music marked as 'like' from redio over mobile network

Here is my situation. While I am playing music, I am under 3G HSPA+ (which is different from 3G) usually. When I mark a song from any radio as 'like', it is downloaded automatically on my device. It means that Spotify uses a lot of mobile data.

My question is: Is there a way to avoid auto downloading of music marked as 'like' on the radio? And then download them into my playlist when I am under wifi connection?

Thanks in advance 🙂

3 Replies

I'm guessing you have your "liked from radio" playlist set as available offline. You can limit downloads to a wifi connection from the app settings by turning off the "download over 2G/3G" switch.

Oh, if you have listened to the song already, it shouldn't actually use any more data as the track is already in your cache - I don't think spotify will download a second time unless your quality setting for streaming and downloading are different.

Actually I set different quality for streaming and downloading. Moreover I would like to listen music that I had chosen from my radio, downloaded over WiFi and then listen them again if I want. I think that is a very practical solution if your are driving or cycling. In fact you can mark music as 'like' while your are driving just in one click, and having that music on your device in excellent quality once you come back to home.

Suggested posts