Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

file location for synced local tracks?

Solved!

file location for synced local tracks?

When syncing local tracks (MP3s) from a PC to android, where do the files go?  Are they playable by other player apps?

Since the new android version can't import local tracks on the phone, the only way to get them playable is to sync them from the PC version of Spotify.  Are they brought over in some proprietary format that only Spotify can play?  So, if I wanted those tracks to be playable both in Spotify *and* in another player, I'd have to have *TWO* copies of them on my phone?  Am I missing something here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

thank you, licenCed!

they are actually in there under /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/cache/Users/<username>-user/LocalSync

but, of course they have the cryptic GUID-style names, and apparently contain no metadata whatsover.  so they are playable by the stock music app, but you have no idea what you're playing -- guess it was too much to hope for.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Spotify stores stuff in /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.andoid.ui

Have a browse in there and see if your tracks are still in .mp3 format - if so then you could point your media player at that directory and it should find and play them
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

thank you, licenCed!

they are actually in there under /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/cache/Users/<username>-user/LocalSync

but, of course they have the cryptic GUID-style names, and apparently contain no metadata whatsover.  so they are playable by the stock music app, but you have no idea what you're playing -- guess it was too much to hope for.

@personanongrata wrote:

thank you, licenCed!

Haha - Kudos due just for that 🙂

----------------

i just looked on my Galaxy Note and its on the phone, not the sdcard, I added the 32G card after I got the phone and installed spotify.  Is there a way to get it moved over? Thanks

Yes there's other threads about doing that. Unfortunately it requires you to install an old version, set the location and then upgrade
----------------

Suggested posts