Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

help! someone else's device are connected to my spotify.

help! someone else's device are connected to my spotify.

hi, when I'm logged on my spotify the music stops all the time. down in the right corner there is green speaker that shows up. when I press it it shows that my account are connected to another device, a iphone... and I can't turn it off. its like my spotify is hacked. anyone know this problem? sry for the bad language..
30 Replies

Same problem - still present!

You don't need any verification - you just have to be in the same wifi or act like it. There are dozens of hackers knowing about this issue and i got told that it's somehow pretty easy to spoof the wifi ssid in the request - so that you send a request to use spotify connect and that you are in the same wifi (even when you're not) using some headers or so - resulting in the case that you can easly use everyones Spotify without any authentification or having to be in the same wifi or even being logged in with the same account. THIS IS A SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUE - and it persists since YEARS.

Spotify please fix this - you are even breaking the laws (at least in germany) with this issue, as you are making puplic access to licensed products and private data - this is illegal and not acceptable. Please add a WORKING check if a device should be allowed to overtake an account using "spotify connect" or not! As a user you can't technically prevent these attacks and this is YOUR responsibility!

I had exactly the same issue.

Ended up cancelling my subscription and signing up with a new e-mail address.

That fixed it.

This has been happening to me too. I've done everything other people have tried. It seems to have been an issue for a couple of years now. It's getting so annoying that I'm about ready to cancel.

hahahaha me to mate, crushed them with some Dying Fetus and Suffocation 🙂 they got the message 🙂

Hi can anyone help me i have 2 phones connected to spotify when im playing music on my phone it connects to the other phone and the same happens with the other phone only started happening today

This happened to me yesterday all of a sudden, It was pretty annoying. I was playing Spotify over Bluetooth and it just keep stopping, I thought it was my phone until I released all my playlists got deleted and replaced with two foreign ones.

I changed my Facebook password and all looked well so I restored my playlist. The next day, as I went out my house it stated happing again, my playlist got deleted and replaced with the same foreign playlist, I played a track I knew and within seconds it changed back to playing the foreign playlist telling me it was playing with a PS4. I checked the devices connected and saw another PS4, android phone and an IPad, devices I knew I didn’t have. so I ran a test, I kicked out all devices and surprise surprise they logged back in again with the PS4 so I knew they had my password.

THE FIX

The problem that I found is that you have two ways to login to Spotify, if you have the (legacy) account, Facebook button for the people that are connected with Facebook and then the username and password way, they all have to be changed and it’s different for both.

1. Change you Facebook password 

by login into Facebook 

after

2. Change you Spotify account password by going to (Spotify’s website) and clicking I forgot my password and they will send you a like in your email. ( for me this was it because I released I couldn’t login to Spotify using my username and password that was the same as my old Facebook password)

I tried my old Facebook password and my new one on the page and it keep telling me it was worng.

3. After you’ve changed both passwords log back in the website and go to the bit that lets you log out everywhere and logout everywhere.

4. Go to the page that lets you remove all devices and....... remove all devices.

and done I got rid of them

FYI I also removed the PlayStation app on my account just to be safe.

I would also change any other account password you have like email. I don’t understand how they managed to change my username and password password with out sending me an email.

I think in January they are disabling the legacy why of logging in so you would just have to worry about the one way of logging in (Facebook) that would make it easier in a way, but if your Facebook gets hacked.... H.O.H

good luck 

WHAT THE  FU CK  IS THIS???

I pay 150$ a year for this service, and theres no level of security here, what about my credit card information and other personal information?
And why the H E L L dont SPOTIFY themselves chime in and comment on this serious security breach???

I can confirm that this is still happening because it just happened to me for the first time and just like the other posters it was spanish music. I just logged out of all devices and reset my password I hope this does not happen again.

i literally just had this issue 😧

I had this issue, contacted Spotify and they basically took over my account and cleared everything. Even though I already did what they suggested, them doing it made it not be an issue anymore. I made sure to also change my passwords on any and all connected accounts and changed my wifi password as well.

and nobody can use ur spotify thru connected devices anymore???

Suggested posts