Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Please fix chromecast with Spotify

Spotify has always been buggy with chromecast.- It looses connection- Often can't adjust volume without reconnecting to the chromecast. Or you must use the Google Home app.- You must force close the app to discover cast devices when you come back hom...

• Roadie
  • Spotify has always been buggy with chromecast. - It looses connection - Often can't adjust volume without reconnecting to the chromecast. Or you must use the Google Home app. - You must force clos...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 91 replies
  • 186 likes
  • buggy
    Freezing
    laggy
  • 91 replies
  • 186 likes

Restore my. Oringal spotify account.

I have an account already. I had reset my phone. Lost all my apps. How I do get my original account. My debt card is active on my account. I dont want charge for the account that I can't use.

• I have an account already. I had reset my phone. Lost all my apps. How I do get my original account. My debt card is active on my account. I dont want charge for the account that I can't use. 
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Reproduction error

When I lock my phone or unlock the music, it pauses a little and advances the song a bit Can somebody help me

• When I lock my phone or unlock the music, it pauses a little and advances the song a bit Can somebody help me
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple artist radio

Is there a way to base and play a radio station from multiple genres or artists? I enjoy music from artists ranging from Godsmack, Shinedown, Kid Rock, Jamey Johnson, ZZ Top, Tesla...and i would like to listen to a radio station that plays all of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to base and play a radio station from multiple genres or artists? I enjoy music from artists ranging from Godsmack, Shinedown, Kid Rock, Jamey Johnson, ZZ Top, Tesla...and i would like...
  • danob2
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

New Device, now most of my playlist songs are greyed out

Used Spotify on an S7 and S8 for the past few years (and on desktop, both Mac and PC). Switched to an S9 and now most of the songs in my playlists are greyed out (unplayable). Songs were played yesterday on an S8, now not available on an S9 (but stil...

• Casual Listener
  •   Used Spotify on an S7 and S8 for the past few years (and on desktop, both Mac and PC).  Switched to an S9 and now most of the songs in my playlists are greyed out (unplayable).  Son...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Greyed out songs
    Samsung S9
    unplayable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app won't scrobble when casting to Google Home

I've noticed recently that when I am using the Spotify app on my Android device and casting to my Google Home, the Last.fm scrobbling feature stops working and any tracks I play while casting don't appear on my Last.fm account. Does anyone have a fix...

• I've noticed recently that when I am using the Spotify app on my Android device and casting to my Google Home, the Last.fm scrobbling feature stops working and any tracks I play while casting don't a...
  • pajuh
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist Singles

I recently updated my Spotify and am making a new playlist but can't find the artist's singles. Spotify only shows full albums now. On old versions of Spotify under albums there was a category for singles. Where can I find them now? Because some arti...

• I recently updated my Spotify and am making a new playlist but can't find the artist's singles. Spotify only shows full albums now. On old versions of Spotify under albums there was a category for si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will a downloaded song ever use data on my phone?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I didn't think anything else fit, and I have an Android phone. Data usage is a major concern for me, so I like to save my albums when at all possible so when I don't have WiFi, it won't eat up my data. As long as I...

• Sorry if this is the wrong section, I didn't think anything else fit, and I have an Android phone. Data usage is a major concern for me, so I like to save my albums when at all possible so when I don...
  • Sambeez
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Why can't I play while not connected to wifi or data??

I pay for Spotify Premium and only signed up as I though you could listen to your playlist while not connected to wifi etc. I understand not being able to download while not connected. Can someone confirm if this is right? Might as well cancel premiu...

• Regular
  • I pay for Spotify Premium and only signed up as I though you could listen to your playlist while not connected to wifi etc.  I understand not being able to download while not connected.  Ca...
  • Claude
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and playlists

Is there any reason why your software is so retarded? Instead of saving album as an album its saving all songs from each album in one huge playlist that is impossible to navigate.Good job.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any reason why your software is so retarded? Instead of saving album as an album its saving all songs from each album in one huge playlist that is impossible to navigate. Good job.
  • Haz6
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing a song in a playlist plays songs previous to it.

In one of my playlists, selecting a song far down in the list will actually play a song about 5 songs up from it meaning I then have to keep skipping to get to my desired one. How can I stop this happening??

• In one of my playlists, selecting a song far down in the list will actually play a song about 5 songs up from it meaning I then have to keep skipping to get to my desired one. How can I stop this hap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening Spotify forces android phone to freeze

Major problem with my spotify for Android Samsung Galaxy S7. Almost everytime I open the Spotify app it causes the phone to crash, making the phone unresponsive for several minutes. Often having to reboot the phone and try opening the app again. Anot...

• Major problem with my spotify for Android Samsung Galaxy S7. Almost everytime I open the Spotify app it causes the phone to crash, making the phone unresponsive for several minutes. Often having to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Se vuelven a descargar todas mis caciones

Tengo un problema que ya me esta molestando.Cada cuierto tiempo entro a spotify y me topo con que todas la canciones que guarde aparecen como si nunca las hubiera descargado ( sin el icono verde) y tengo que volver a descargarlas.Que es lo que pasa?

• Tengo un problema que ya me esta molestando. Cada cuierto tiempo entro a spotify y me topo con que todas la canciones que guarde aparecen como si nunca las hubiera descargado ( sin el icono verde) y...
  • Braulio5
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Missing songs in my playlist song since update

Since the newest update I've noticed that a lot of songs are missing from my playlists and in some of them whole albums are gone. I've checked and they are all still on Spotify and when I go to add them again it says they are already there but they'r...

• Since the newest update I've noticed that a lot of songs are missing from my playlists and in some of them whole albums are gone. I've checked and they are all still on Spotify and when I go to add t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Card will not go through for Premium account.

Hello, I need a little help. So when it was time for my monthly autopay, I didn't have any money on my card, therefore it couldn't be processed. I received an email that said that Spotify would try again in a few days. At that time I had money on the...

• Hello, I need a little help.  So when it was time for my monthly autopay, I didn't have any money on my card, therefore it couldn't be processed. I received an email that said that Spotify woul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Compatibilidade moto g 5s plus

Olá após atualizar percebi erro ao iniciar uma músicaO aplicativo não é compatível com dispositivo Spotify atualmente uso moto g 5s plus versão Android 7.1.1 sou Premium não estou gostando dessa msg.

• Olá após atualizar percebi erro ao iniciar uma música O aplicativo não é compatível com dispositivo Spotify atualmente uso moto g 5s plus versão Android 7.1.1 sou Premium não estou gostando dessa ms...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect and devices at different locations

First of all, I love Spotify Connect, it's brilliant. I do have one problem though. Suppose I'm listening to a connected device at my home and then I drive to work and I want to continue listening there. My device list at my office will often reflect...

• Regular
  • First of all, I love Spotify Connect, it's brilliant. I do have one problem though. Suppose I'm listening to a connected device at my home and then I drive to work and I want to continue listening th...
  • damga
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback randomly stops on Samsung S7 edge

Hi!I have the problem the Spotify randomly stops playback when using Bluetooth Headphones. It goes to "Pause", pressing "Play" on the Headphones immediately starts Playback again. It does not happen when actively using the device, only on the AOD (Al...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have the problem the Spotify randomly stops playback when using Bluetooth Headphones. It goes to "Pause", pressing "Play" on the Headphones immediately starts Playback again. It does not happe...
  • blues_guy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify logging off itself

Hi, I have problem with my Android Spotify app. When i have my Spotify app on sd card it after closing log off. That means that I open app, browsing songs, downloading some song, you know usuall using. But then when i close app it log my spotify acco...

• Hi, I have problem with my Android Spotify app. When i have my Spotify app on sd card it after closing log off. That means that I open app, browsing songs, downloading some song, you know usuall usin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I orden my playlist?

How can i change te order of my playlist they seem to be more or less in a radom order.I'm running spotify on a samsung galaxy mini. Thaks

• Music Fan
  • How can i change te order of my playlist they seem to be more or less in a radom order. I'm running spotify on a samsung galaxy mini.   Thaks
  • mari06m4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes