Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks in a playlist don't follow the right order (Android)

Everytime I select a song from the middle of the playlist, the next song is the one in the beginning of the list, in stead of the next in the playlist

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I select a song from the middle of the playlist, the next song is the one in the beginning of the list, in stead of the next in the playlist
  • TylerYatesHere
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Triple Click to Rewind

I just switched to Android from iOS. The first thing I noticed with the Android version of Spotify is that you can't go back a song by triple clicking on your headphone controller! I am fairly annoyed at this as other apps such as Play Music has this...

• Visitor
  • I just switched to Android from iOS. The first thing I noticed with the Android version of Spotify is that you can't go back a song by triple clicking on your headphone controller! I am fairly annoye...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Cannot Delete Playlist Radio from Recently Played

I'm unable to delete a playlist radio station, after having my Family account hacked into. Deleted it from desktop, still appears on Android.Tried deleting the cache and app itself, logged in, and it reset all the Recently Played entry deletions. PS:...

• Regular
  • I'm unable to delete a playlist radio station, after having my Family account hacked into. Deleted it from desktop, still appears on Android. Tried deleting the cache and app itself, logged in, and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Familiy Account
    Playlists
    Radio
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

You're offline

Hey thereI just got my primium account up and running again. I'm able to download playlists on wifi, but not artists. Each time I click on an artist, the app keeps saying I'm offline. I've toggled on and off offline mode (under settings) and it doesn...

• Regular
  • Hey there I just got my primium account up and running again. I'm able to download playlists on wifi, but not artists. Each time I click on an artist, the app keeps saying I'm offline. I've toggled ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song naming

"Secos & Molhados - O Patrao nosso de cada dia" ... Is wrong! It's changed to "Secos & Molhados - Nao, nao digas nada" ... They're both changed. There should be a direct link to report errors. There are also many broken links when I share songs, tell...

• "Secos & Molhados - O Patrao nosso de cada dia"  ... Is wrong!  It's changed to "Secos & Molhados - Nao, nao digas nada" ... They're both changed.   There should be a direct ...
  • Jacquelinehowe
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music deleted

Hi, why "I'm here" of Rob gasser ft The Eden project has been deleted on Spotify ?

• Hi, why "I'm here" of Rob gasser ft The Eden project has been deleted on Spotify ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Equalizer delay and other glitches

Hi there! I've been using Spotify for a while and decided to start the Premium Trial to use the full application. My experience using the service in many platforms is seamless, but unfortunately I noticed some weird behaviour on the Android client. T...

• Hi there!   I've been using Spotify for a while and decided to start the Premium Trial to use the full application. My experience using the service in many platforms is seamless, but unfortuna...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Equalizer
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Android app is horrible after purchasing Premium

I've used the Spotify app for a long time and everything worked fine, however, since I bought Premium everything has gone to **bleep**. I don't have a homescreen anymore, I am simply greeted with "Sorry, something went wrong. - That didn't work. Plea...

• Music Fan
  • I've used the Spotify app for a long time and everything worked fine, however, since I bought Premium everything has gone to **bleep**. I don't have a homescreen anymore, I am simply greeted with "So...
  • iGrasmat
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pkaying automatically

Hi All, I have just bought a new car that I plug my samsung S8 into and use spotify. Problem is that after I unplug from the car Spotify starts to randomly play. This morning I shut down all apps several times before it stopped. Any ideas?

• Hi All,  I have just bought a new car that I plug my samsung S8 into and use spotify. Problem is that after I unplug from the car Spotify starts to randomly play. This morning I shut down all a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not every song in my playlist shows in my phone8

The thing is that i cant see all the songs in my shared playlist in my phone, idk why but i just see the ones i added and not the ones other people added, Ive tried everything, seeing the filters in the playlist, checking configurations, everything!!...

• The thing is that i cant see all the songs in my shared playlist in my phone, idk why but i just see the ones i added and not the ones other people added, Ive tried everything, seeing the filters in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Borre cache Android

Borre cache y ahora no me deja abrir la aplicacion Se queda en pantalla de espera luego a parece un mensaje de error

• Borre cache y ahora no me deja abrir la aplicacion  Se queda en pantalla de espera luego a parece un mensaje de error 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not working

About a week ago, I noticed that all of my playlists now will play from the beginning of the songs i added and consisently play everything in the same order offering no variety. I have tried re-installing and also logging in/out with no change in thi...

• Casual Listener
  • About a week ago, I noticed that all of my playlists now will play from the beginning of the songs i added and consisently play everything in the same order offering no variety. I have tried re-insta...
  • Mengelb2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Save my mixtape offline request

Hello,I find it is a big minus, that I cannot save My Mixtape playlists offline, it makes Spotify almost useless, because my internet connection outside is limited and the main reason I bought Spotify premium is for outside use.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I find it is a big minus, that I cannot save My Mixtape playlists offline, it makes Spotify almost useless, because my internet connection outside is limited and the main reason I bought Spot...
  • amaru7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tinder - Top Artists not showing

Hi,So, I've connected with Spotify through Tinder but I can't seem to get it to work properly. 1. My anthem. I'm not allowed to pick any song I want from Spotify. Complete albums fail to show up when I search (and yes, triple-checked spelling and wha...

• Regular
  • Hi, So, I've connected with Spotify through Tinder but I can't seem to get it to work properly.   1. My anthem. I'm not allowed to pick any song I want from Spotify. Complete albums fail...
  • prizefyter
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

"Remove from this playlist button" disappeared

Hello Two days ago I have noticed some changes in playlist menu. When I click the shuffle button it always starts the first song from the playlist. This does not bother me much, but also "Remove from this playlist," button has gone. How to fix it? Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello  Two days ago I have noticed some changes in playlist menu. When I click the shuffle button it always starts the first song from the playlist. This does not bother me much, but also "Remo...
  • Lukas26
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Screen doesn't turn on when Spotify is logged in - Samsung Galaxy S5

It seems like at least half the time, I can't get my screen to turn on and I have to hard reboot the phone. I originally attributed this to some other new apps I had installed, but I realized after some experimentation that it only happens when Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • It seems like at least half the time, I can't get my screen to turn on and I have to hard reboot the phone. I originally attributed this to some other new apps I had installed, but I realized after s...
  • Futil1ty
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting my downloads

Hi!:)So spotify recently deleted all of my downloaded songs, and if I try to download them again, it sais I can't, because I can only have downloaded songs for 3 device at once..but I only use my spoify on my phone, not any other device.

• Regular
  • Hi!:) So spotify recently deleted all of my downloaded songs, and if I try to download them again, it sais I can't, because I can only have downloaded songs for 3 device at once..but I only use my s...
  • rozsnyaizsofia
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Control volume on second device (Spotify Connect)

I'm not able to control volume on second device, according to thread below it should be possible? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Control-Volume-via-Spotify-Connect/idi-p/878921?nobounceDevice: Nexus 5Second: Galaxy Nexus Both running S...

• Regular
  • I'm not able to control volume on second device, according to thread below it should be possible? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Control-Volume-via-Spotify-Connect/idi-p/878921?nob...
  • fleischsaege
  • 63 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Connect
    volume
  • 63 replies
  • 23 likes

Solved!! Only half of my playlist is showing up on phone app

Went to go listen to my playlist driving to work, and only half of it is showing up...went to add a song i knew was on it, but didnt appear, and it had the duplicate song pop up...went to spotify on my xbox and the entire playlist pops up...sort of f...

• Casual Listener
  • Went to go listen to my playlist driving to work, and only half of it is showing up...went to add a song i knew was on it, but didnt appear, and it had the duplicate song pop up...went to spotify on ...
  • Minchow1994
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Change user on tablet

Hello,I connect Spotify to a music server. For this I have specially set up an Android tablet just for this purpose. Now I've upgraded to Premium Family so my girlfriend can hear her own playlist. But: I can not find an easy way to simply switch the ...

• Hello, I connect Spotify to a music server. For this I have specially set up an Android tablet just for this purpose. Now I've upgraded to Premium Family so my girlfriend can hear her own playlist. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes