Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Music" doesn't sync with mobile

Solved!

"My Music" doesn't sync with mobile

I added all my stared songs to "Songs" and they show up in the songs folder on my desktop but on the app the folder is empty and will not sync with my computer. How do I get all of my music to show up in the songs folder on my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Give those steps a go using the guide here: [GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

If that fails then try contacting support and see if they can do anything: Contact Spotify Support form here.
You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I should also mention that I saved an album and that synced right away, it's just the individual songs that won't sync.

If you added over 542 tracks to Songs on your desktop client at once, they haven't actually saved because of a bug. Follow the steps in this bug topic to fix this.

I have a similar problem.  I've been using Spotify Premium for about a year and have lots of albums and songs in My Music. My Samsung Galaxy 4 has always been sync'd up well.  I'm not sure when it started, but I think it was after I did a recent mobile upgrade (supposedly for sync'ing better with Ford SYNC, but it didn't improve).  Now I don't see any of My Music on my phone.  My Playlists are there just as before and artists I'm following are there, but Songs, Artists, and Albums are empty.  I get a screen that says (for Songs) "Your favourite songs will appear here."  [Don't remember it being in British spellling before, but maybe it was.]

I'm thinking maybe I'll delete the app and reinstall.  Any ideas?  I've looked at all the settings I could find on the mobile app and on the desktop; nothing makes a difference.

Hope someone can help.

Guy

@godofkratos3 wrote:

I added all my stared songs to "Songs" and they show up in the songs folder on my desktop but on the app the folder is empty and will not sync with my computer. How do I get all of my music to show up in the songs folder on my phone?

That does sound odd. I would first suggest trying to log out and then back in again as this should refresh your account to the device. I'm not sure a re-install would help in this scenario but it's definately the next thing to try.

If you do try a clean install please follow the steps in the troubleshooting guide at the top of the forum (link also in my signature).

Android Troubleshooting:

thanks for your reply.

I tried logging out and in again, but that didn't help.  
What about clearing my cache?  If that doesn't work I'll try reinstalling the app following you instructions.  thanks for the help.

Guy

Marked as solution

Give those steps a go using the guide here: [GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

If that fails then try contacting support and see if they can do anything: Contact Spotify Support form here.
You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Deleting my cache fixed it. I happily have all My Music back.

Daniel, thx so much for your help.
Guy

Suggested posts