Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

something went wrong search android

something went wrong search android

android app search displays "something went wrong, try again" error. clearing cache and data did not solve the issue. Latest Spotify app version.

Galaxy S7

11 Replies

Same for me, its annoying

I can't even reproduce

Yup. Every way of trying to look up an artists account has stopped working. Just a black page with "Something went wrong. Have another go?" over and over again. Reinstalling the app and rebooting my phone does nothing

same here 

same

Same problem, app is useless for now.

Keep on getting the "oops..." message and green circle of death. The problem is even worse when in "offline" mode. Sometimes I am able to play music offline but then I need to connect to the internet breefly in order to get downloaded offline albums to play.

same here

If i click on my artist profile or on a song link i get this message too! Or "Can't find artist search for something else". Geeeeeeeeee i'm paying for facebook ads to get new fans!!!!! This has to be fix A.S.P.
I did reinstall the apps. It's doing this with various browsers and on my PC/Laptop and cell phone!
HELP!

Hey there @webpro,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We recommend you contact our Artist support team here. They'll be happy to help you out and give you more accurate information on why this is happening.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Oh ok.

Same issue here.

This thread has been going on for six months and you only reply to an artist.

And you call this customer service???

Hi @sublibrarian_,

We're doing our best to reply to as many posts as we can where users have not replied already.

If you've already tried logging out and back in and have performed a clean reinstall, and you're still having trouble searching for artists on your mobile device, we recommend the following:

• Allow Spotify through any permission/firewall software you have running on your device. Go to Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

• Make sure that any battery optimization software is disabled, as this sometimes causes issues with certain features. Go to Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable. Last step - restart the phone. 

• Make sure you have enough free space on your device - at least 2 GB.

Let us know how it goes!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts