Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Oppo F9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue 

• even though the Auto Play icon is ON, once the current song done to play, it won't go to next song automatically

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @xander25.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try toggling Auto play off and back on to see if that re-triggers anything. You could also try to reinstall the app. Read here how.

Keep in mind that Autoplay won't work when streaming over Connect.

Hope this will help. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

26 Replies

this started after I updated my Spotify App.

Marked as solution

Hey @xander25.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try toggling Auto play off and back on to see if that re-triggers anything. You could also try to reinstall the app. Read here how.

Keep in mind that Autoplay won't work when streaming over Connect.

Hope this will help. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

its working now after uninstalled and reinstalled my Spotify app, thank you

I'm having the same issue. I've reinstalled Spotify twice and tried with and wo auto-play. I'm not sure what this means: " Keep in mind that Autoplay won't work when streaming over Connect"  

Depending on it's behavior... If it starts playing seemingly random songs after even though Autoplay is off, I had the same problem and it was that I had songs in my Queue that I had forgotten I'd added. You get to your Queue thru the little list button in the bottom right corner of the desktop app

I updated Spotify, have uninstalled & reinstalled, toggled auto play on and off & it still does not play automatically. Any tips?

Hey @Brunette124

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you make sure to follow the steps here

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

What does this meqn:Autoplay won't work when streaming over Connect.

Hey @Nenow,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Connect only tells a compatible device what music you want to play on it from our catalog. Advanced features like Crossfade, Autoplay and others aren't actually something that can be accomplished via Connect at the time, so they are not available when using it.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have followed all the procedures in this thread and still not able to auto play. Never happened to my Samsung till I switched to iPhone. Can someone assist me please .

Hey @Pharaohalexali,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, is that happening when using Connect? Remember that this feature isn't supported via Connect.

If not, can you give us more details about when/where this is happening exactly? Are you starting a playlist or album and the next song won't play?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi, i just updated my spotify earlier.. but i cant play on next song on the list, been following those step above, clear cache, reinstall, clean reinstall & etc.. but still persist.

please help.

Hi there @Reza199,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what device this is happening on and it it's happening on all of your devices?

Make sure that Autoplay is enabled from the app settings.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

happen on my Samsung A51, just updated days ago & cant play next song.. tries all step above, problem still persist. and yes, autoplay is enabled, and im trying to toggle off on autoplay as well.. still persist

Hey @Reza199,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you prepare a short screen recording of the experience so we can better understand what is going on on your end?

We'd also need the Spotify app version you're using.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

ok, here's the link.. i cant upload it here because max 5MB attachment..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/114-wKDTPzzlvIm5NM-toBvJtJ_cCwZCn/view?usp=drivesdk

it's happen after update few days ago. i've followed all step above. still persist..

and my spotify version is 8.7.90.544

Hey @Reza199,

Thanks for the video recording and the reply.

Are you able to reproduce this experience on a different Android phone?

Also make sure to set Spotify as an exception in your phone's battery/memory optimization settings. Here is a collection of steps for different phone manufacturers. 

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

before i reinstall, i cant play next song when spotify open in background at all.. you had to click next button in spotify app to play next song... that video i sent is actually after reinstall, so they can play next song when spotify open in background.. 

i dont have another android phone, but my spotify in my samsung smart tv have same problem as well since 2-3 weeks ago (cmiiw), but it's not big problem since you had to close/exit spotify then open other app for second / minute then return to spotify again & it will play next song without problem...

about your suggestion, problem still persist.. i've following those step. i've not put spotify in sleep & battery already optimized yet problem still there.

follow up about your suggestion, problem still persist.. i've following those step. i've not put spotify in sleep & battery already optimized yet problem still there.

Suggested posts