Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2022 Spotify Wrapped Inaccurate?

2022 Spotify Wrapped Inaccurate?

I have a Premium Duo plan with my sister for reference. When I checked my 2022 Wrapped this morning, I noticed a Game of Thrones song was one of my top songs, which is very inaccurate as I've only listened to it once or twice along with other songs my sister listens to way more than me. The only sections of the Spotify Wrapped that seem accurate is "My Top Genres" "My Audio Day" "Minutes Listened" "My Top Artist" and "My Top Artists". My sister only ever listens on her account and I ever only listen on my account.

24 Replies

I'm having a very similar issue. My top artist is someone i've never heard of. I only know 2 of my top 5 songs. i don't knowingly share my account with anyone so it's very odd

I have Britney Spears - Boys as my top one song with 126 times 560 minutes of listening. I'm sure I've only listened to it a few times. Either I was possessed at some point or Spotify has some issues with an accuracy of the statistics. ☹️

yeah my #3 most played song i’ve never heard before

My top artists is not accurate! I barely listened to some of these artists 

Same here. My top song is definitely wrong - not familiar with it at all! 

Mine appeared to be way off. I listed to spotify through Sonos and there is no way it is Counting that music and hours. We listen 3-8 hours a day (it’s in an alarm and goes on even when we are not home) and it says My average is leas than 2 hours a day (only uses 10 months of data). Anyway, my top performer according to them is a band that would no way make my top 25. Not about account sharing. It’s just bad data plain and simple. 

My top songs (especially #3 ) is definitely incorrect. Is there a way to fix this. This brings me a great deal of joy and I would love to update it to be accurate.

It says my most listened to song was one i did only 33 times, despite there being a song i listen to more than 33 times daily, and it looks like the other things are wrong as well, even when i downloaded my spotify data like a month ago it showed the right songs so why is it not right on wrapped

if dear little brother is my top track of all time and also from last 6 months, there's no way this is right

Screenshot_202.png
Screenshot_203.png
Screenshot_204.png

Absolutely off the charts wrong.

Honestly can't even access my wrapped it flashes by instantly. I had to screen record it and then screenshot from my video crop.. 

Having a similar issue with my top 5 songs, number 3 is a song I know I've played no more than 3 times in my life, and should not be there. Whilst number 4 I have played non stop - makes no sense.

Me the same… my top songs are so wrong. Never heard of any song on my top five, none of them were correct. 

i asked the customer service and they said they can’t do anything at all. Very disappointed. If it’s possible to fix this issue, it would really make my day. 

the same… none of my top songs are correct. On my annually wrapped playlist, which contain 100 songs, i only know “one“ song 😒

i thought I was hacked, and ask help from the customer service. The only answer I got is “we can’t do anything. ” thank you Spotify 🤗

yes! Same! I’m so disappointed, not a single one is accurate. I wish you could go in and edit (like remove a top 5 that isn’t accurate) and have it automatically replaced with whatever was in 6th position or something. I’m so upset, my wrapped playlist sucks. It’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I pay for premium and I’m bummed I won’t have anything for 2022. 

For me it's my 5th top artist being the eagles. I don't have a single track from them on any of my playlists, and have a ton of artists I know I've listened to way more. My account isn't shared with anyone or logged in anywhere else.

Yeah I had it similar, as all of the total listening time, top artist and top song should have had more time played by a lot, and that there was one artist that probably should have been second but didn't appear anywhere in the list.

the bulk of my Top 100 playlist is correct, but there are a good handful of songs i only ever listened to maybe once or twice (inadvertently, songs that came on when spotify decided to extend an album i was listening to when it was over). it's very frustrating! i agree with gaydarjedi's idea, where you can remove songs from the top # playlists and it'll add the top #+1 song to the end.

One of the tracks in my top 5 I played literally one single time.

At first I was just surprised by my wrapped, and thought that maybe I had left Spotify playing random mixes like discover weekly too often?? Because not only were they not my favourite songs, I didn't even recognise the artists in 6 out of the 10 supposedly most played!

But, then I looked at stats.fm - and that's just showing me a *completely* different most played songs for 6 months and lifetime, and yes, that *is* all the songs I like and have listened too on repeat!

The Spotify list is I think songs Spotify has tried to play for me, looking them up I have heard them but wasn't interested enough to pay attention to who it was, but it just doesn't add up with the counts in Stats.fm, so I dunno what happened, but it's legitimately just wrong. According to Spotify, "Tonight I feel like Kafka" is my third played song, and I don't even recognise the band, but it doesn't show up on stats.fm at all. 

And stats.fm has accurately pulled my shamefully frequently played things like Daddy AF by Slayter, which doesn't even show on the spotify list. I'm embarrassed by it, but yep, that should be on there. 

So wth? My wrapped list is junk. 

I’ve never heard my top song in my life. But I listened and it was so bad I almost threw up. I think Spotify is paid to push artists and trying to feed us garbage. 

Suggested posts