Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Guidelines track titles (capitalization) / Standard Title Casing

Guidelines track titles (capitalization) / Standard Title Casing

Hi everyone!

Hopefully someone can help me with this mystery. I'm going to release a song for the first time. After that I can create a Spotify for Artist account. I'm orienting for distributors. To me, CDBaby seemed the best. But there is a problem. They automatically change the first letter of ALL words in the title to a capital letter  (except 'and', etc.). I contacted them and they told me that this has to do with standard international regulations and that it, therefore, is automated. They refer to 'Standard Title Casing'. However, a lot of other artists can have their track titles on Spotify as the normal Dutch spelling is (only the first letter of a sentence in capital letters or name/city). Since we are making an educational song for children, I also want to use correct spelling.
Is it a CDBaby bug and do you recommend choosing another distributor that won't change it automatically? Or is it really a hard rule that every word needs to start with a capital letter?

Thank you in advance, kinds regards!

2 Replies

Dear PeterVR,

Have you had any answer on this question already? Did you solve the mysterie. I have the same issue. 

Hi! I have cancelled my account at CDBaby, because they wouldt helpt me with this issue. Its for sure that Spotify is not the show stopper, but CDBaby is. CDBaby works with automatic generated title and distribution tools, and they are not able to manually change something. So I changed to iMusician. They have helped me and change the title to the way I wanted. With them it took time and a lot of reminder emails, but in the end they solved the problem.

Suggested posts