Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to adjust the font size

Solved!

How to adjust the font size

I appreciate that there were lots of requests for you to increase the font size in Spotify, but I for one was perfectly happy with it the way it was for the latest release. The new font size is enormous, meaning loads more scrolling etc. Couldn't you give us the option to choose small, medium or large??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Someone mentioned that the ability to zoom in / zoom out would be a good idea to solve this problem.  At the time, that feature wasn't available but it seems that it is now, at least with the windows client.  Hitting CTRL+- will make the fonts smaller and CTRL+ + will make the fonts bigger.

this is a great and convenient way to see more or less on your screen at a time.

I hope this solves your problem and that you find it an acceptable solution.

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If you hold down 'ctrl' and the minus symbol key at the same time it will make the font smaller. 

If you hold down 'ctrl' and the plus symbol key at the same time it will make it bigger. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The best place to suggest changes to be made to the Spotify client is over on the Ideas Exchange where your idea can collect kudos and feedback from others. It might even have already been suggested so its worth a quick search first! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I totally agree, the new font size is way too big for normal screens and you have to scroll more and it's more messy looking.

I'm very sad to see that the spotify I have always loved is turning more worse on every update. The views with the white background, the new confusing follower and activity feed system and now too big font size on playlists have all made things worse than before. I often wonder how spotify has ended up with these solutions, as I havent met aonyone who actually likes them..

I guess I also have to join the club where you use a old client instead 😞

Exactly, I'm not a fan of this larger font size either.  The playlist bar on the left of the screen requires alot more scrolling now and looks very unprofessional.  It was also alot easier to simply click the star button on the old version of Spotify to add a track to your Starred playlist (and yes I do know they can be dragged but I thought this new version was intended to be faster).

FInally is there any possibility of adding a button to not display albums for an artist.  For example if you search for Armin van Buuren it takes a significant amount of waiting and scrolling until you finally arrive at the 'singles'.  This has been an issue for too long now.

the new theme is to black .. and the baddest thing is the font became far to big ... i hope it can be fixed

There's an idea here suggesting the ability to zoom in and out.

Totally agree with "multi"!!

Every update is a pain.

100% agreement from me. When given a choice I usually use the smallest font that is possible to render properly. The new desktop GUI looks plastic/cheap and user unfriendly compared to other programs because most of the other programs respect the font size selected by the user at OS level.

Enormous indeed.  I can only see 18 tracks at a time on my 22" monitor.  I can see more than that in Winamp 5.1 that only fills half the page...  Other than that, I do like the new formatting, but this gigantic font size has to go.

Spotify is still the best music client out there though, imo.

This seems to be an old subject and the answer is 'no'. Without trying to get heavy and alleging discrimination etc. but some of us who love Spotify dont have as good eyesight they once had or are just unfortunate in that department. We live in a world community and Spotify should accpet it responsibilites to its diverse customers. Well, I have said it now.

@Cloonsus 

Adjustable font size is currently in the beta desktop client and will make its way to the official client when ready

When using the beta go to ---> view ---> zoom in

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Someone mentioned that the ability to zoom in / zoom out would be a good idea to solve this problem.  At the time, that feature wasn't available but it seems that it is now, at least with the windows client.  Hitting CTRL+- will make the fonts smaller and CTRL+ + will make the fonts bigger.

this is a great and convenient way to see more or less on your screen at a time.

I hope this solves your problem and that you find it an acceptable solution.

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Does what it says on the tin - thank you

This method blurs the fonts too much (on a relatively recent laptop with a 15.4" screen and 1600x900 resolution running on Windows 7). Its like each font is a low quality jpeg image. You should implement a proper way to change the font size.

Marked as solution

If you hold down 'ctrl' and the minus symbol key at the same time it will make the font smaller. 

If you hold down 'ctrl' and the plus symbol key at the same time it will make it bigger. 

The font in my client just went huge, it's pretty ugly. I can't seem to make it go back to what it was before. Did they remove this solution?

HOW DO I ZOOM BACK IN 

How can I adjust the font size using the Linux client?

Ctrl + "+"  and Ctrl + "-" does not work.

Ctrl + "*" _sometimes_ zooms in but I cannot find a way to go back to normal view.

Ctrl + "+"  and Ctrl + "-" does not work with Windows 10.  Some songs show one line only at a time and some show 3-4 lines.  How do I show full verses or more at a time?

BRO WHY ARE THE WORDS SO SMALL FIX IT PLSSS

Suggested posts