Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New desktop update doesn't allow you to organize your playlists and folders

New desktop update doesn't allow you to organize your playlists and folders

Just had my account updated to the new version on desktop, and the way the library appears on the left side of the screen, where I use'd to organize the order of my playlists on my profile and on folders is not working the same way and it's really bad. I can only move playlists that are inside folders to other folders (can't just put it out of a folder), and I also can't organize the order of my playlist and how the show up on my profile anymore.

Captura de Tela 2023-04-05 às 13.04.28.png

4 Replies

Hi @lysiavani

If you click on the button that currently says "Recents," you can select custom order and order your playlists in any way you like, just as before!

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

So when I click on this button, the only options I have are "Recents",  "Recently added",  "Alphabetic order" and "Creator", there's no "Custom order" option. 😞

Thanks for your response. I have not gotten the new update so I am relying on other users' posts to provide my assistance.

Please check out this post by Community Moderator @Yordan. It should help you.

I would also like to add that there should be an option within your Spotify preferences to use a compact view, which will make your sidebar most similar to the layout before.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Ok, now I got it.

First I have to click on "Playlists", then it appears the option "Custom order" when I click on the "Recents" button.

If you don't click on the button "Playlists" first, this option doesn't show up and you can't drag and change the order of your playlists and folders. (My Spotify is in portuguese, but I'll leave the images here just in case).

Thanks for the help anyway 🙂

Captura de Tela 2023-04-05 às 13.04.28.png
Captura de Tela 2023-04-05 às 15.23.07.png

Suggested posts