Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skip to previous song not possible - wth?

Skip to previous song not possible - wth?

Hi all,

is there any other music player that cannot skip to previously played song in certain scenarios? This is ridiculous. No matter if it is in a car while driving or while listening on my headphones, to play the previous song again means doing many unnecessary clicks and navigation steps on our phones. This needs to be looked into.

What is your opinion on this?

4 Replies

There is a play last song button, but it only works within the playlist/album/artist you are playing from, not for queues. If you are not seeing the button at all I wonder if it is for your specific set up, what device and version are you using? Do you see the skip to next song button?

Hello zams,

I'm not sure what do you mean. For example I play a song that my friend shared with me via link. Song finishes, some random next song starts to play, and since then I cannot go back to the previously played song from my friend.

The same happens when the last song from my playlist finishes, some random song starts and since then I again cannot go back to the songs from my playlist

This! This is the thing that I've being most frustrated about Spotify and seems not solved! I've tried to find overall online and no solution.

Basically is what LukeBiel wrote: a song is being played on a queue, it finishes... Once the next song starts we cannot go back to the previous one, it is simply gone from there.

This makes no sense at all if we want to repeat a previous played song - in my case several times -, without having to go through all over again to the artist/album/song, add it on the queue again and move it up to the top so that we can play it again at that precise moment!

Simple example attached: I added "Revolver" to my queue, it starts playing "Taxman". Once "Eleanor Rigby" starts playing, I cannot go back to "Taxman" when I press the back/previous song button. It goes to the previous played song that was being played before the queued songs were added.

The only sort of solution is not letting the current song finish, press the back button before it happens... But I don't find this reasonable.

Please, someone just say that this (unfortunately) the case..

Screenshot_20230218_005200_Spotify.jpg

I got the same sorta problem I am not able to go back to the previous song the option is missing and neither am I able to loop a song it's annoying at this point 

Suggested posts