Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Duo account... intrupting

Spotify Duo account... intrupting

Hello Everyone 

I have a duo account with my wife and for some reason if we are both using Spotify on Bluetooth devices or alexa device one will override the other

For example I am listening to Spotify on my wireless earphones my wife at home  asks alexa to trun on music through Spotify and my music will cut out ans I will be played whatever isnon alexa at home. if I stop it and revert to my music it is replicated on the alexa device?

any help is much appreciated 

Ian

2 Replies

Hi @43Scartman

It sounds like you're experiencing a limitation with how Alexa connects to Spotify. At the moment, Alexa devices can only connect one Spotify account to all of your Alexa devices. This will result in Alexa being able to use only the Spotify account connected to it, which sounds like yours.

Currently, the only way to get around this would be to connect your wife's account to your Alexa devices instead. This means you could use your account separately and Spotify Connect would not override your listening activity. However, if she was listening to Spotify elsewhere and you asked Alexa to play Spotify, it would take over her account instead.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

I have a similar issue. My wife and I are at the gym together. Whoever signs in first overirdes the musical choice of the other. We both must listen to the same music???

Suggested posts