Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Thing not showing up on Bluetooth

Car Thing not showing up on Bluetooth

Hi, 

i just received my Car Thing today, I plugged it in with the cable it came with and opened the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone 13 Pro. Discovery was on, my car’s Bluetooth was connected to my phone and so is my watch. The car thing isn’t showing up on my discoverable devices to pair, any solutions? 

5 Replies

Hi there @itovii,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this together.

Can you make sure that you're running the latest OS? Car Thing is compatible with iOS 14 and Android 8 or above. Our recommendation is to always be on the latest OS. This doesn't mean that the Car Thing will not work with older versions, but we will not be targeting them and we cannot guarantee all features will work and they will not be experiencing issues.

On another note - restarting Car Thing fixes many common issues:

1. Click the Settings button on the top-right.
  2. Find Restart.
  3. Press the dial to select and confirm.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Having same issue. Brand new out of the box. Restated 10 times. Factory reset a few. Got it to show up once but couldn’t pair. Kept getting a message to make sure the device is powered on and in range. It was, and was 3 inches away from my iPhone 13. This is ridiculous. Returning it tomorrow. Love Spotify but this car thing experiment is not starting out great. Also what is the reasoning behind not having an aux out on this thing? No one will use this if they have Apple car play. Since my older vehicle doesn’t I figured this can make it easy to play my jams in the car. Still have to connect to phone and then connect the phone to my aux. Why?

Hi!! I just opened mine and held the button on the dial down for a few seconds and it popped up. Try that and it might help. 

My problem was i was connected to my car before connecting to car thing. 

Toggle bluetooth off and back on while the spotify app is open and "searching for car thing" on your phone. This prompted a bluetooth permissions prompt and window to select to connect phone to car thing.  

Suggested posts