Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can no longer open the Spotify library in the BMW

I can no longer open the Spotify library in the BMW

Keine der folgenden Informationen ist erforderlich. Je mehr Sie jedoch bereitstellen, desto einfacher wird es für uns, zu versuchen und zu helfen.

Planen

Gratisprämie

Land

Deutschland

Gerät

Fahrzeug BMW

Betriebssystem

(iOS 11)

Meine Frage oder Problem

This was the case a few days ago, but then it worked again and the library showed up again, but now it's gone again and I've tried both software versions from BMW, neither ID 7 nor ID 8 works .
I've deleted and reinstalled with no success, but the connection is up and you can go to the home page and take music from it and play it.
I hope you can help here because I've read that some people have this problem
Best regards

82 Replies

Hi. I have the same issue since yesterday. My Library ("Bibliothèque" in french on the picture) is randomly sometimes empty or it looks normal except that my folder "Liked Songs" (called "Titres" in french)  is disabled (greyed). Also, my Playlists and even the "Likes songs" folder seems sometimes accessible via an other menu...but again it is random. I tried several times (and sometimes at the same time!) to unsubscribe the BMW app from my Spotify Account , to reset the iDrive7 (with the engine on or off), the refresh the app services of the ID7 but it had no effect on this issue. I had many issues in the past that I could resolve by 1 of the 3 methods I explain just before, but this time I have no idea. The behaviour seems eratic as generally it work or it does not work, but this time it partially workds randomly... I also tested unsucesfully the complete deletion of my "Liked songs" folder, deletion or creation of new songs, new folders, etc...

IMG_8045.JPG
IMG_8042.JPG

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out!
We're afraid that in this case, there isn't much we can do about this.
We'd recommend checking with the BMW support to see if they know anything about any existing compatibility issues between iDrive and the Spotify app.

If the BMW folks have any questions for us or believe that the issue is on our end, please let us know and we'll take a deeper dive into it.

Hope everything works out, keep us posted!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Vasil. For me it worked for 1.5 years...and suddenly without any BMW update it does not work anymore... When I see how frequently the Spotify app needs to be updated in Windows or in IOS, let me have a doubt. I also noticed the following (I'm using the French version): 

- The added favourites songs do not go anymore in the "Titres" folder of the Library (I finally managed to have it displayed), but in a playlist call "Liked Songs", so accessible via the Playlists folder.

- OK...I could have lived with it but...after a few minutes, all the Playlists became inaccessible as well (grayed out) without any reason (please see the picture attached).

The impression that I have is that there was a change in the folder structure decided somewhere and that it cannot be replicated correctly in the BMW app. There could be also (additionally?) translation issues as "Titres" is a french word, but not "Liked Songs".

Definitely, Someone somewhere decided to change something (maybe without paying attention to the consequences on the BMW app) and here we are.

337117877_914551343145963_4914816769718144339_n.jpg

Hey @JFD666,

Thanks for your reply and for the extra info.

We understand where you're coming from, however, as @Vasil mentioned above, we're afraid there isn't much that we can do, as it's up to each brand developer how to integrate the Spotify API into their system and we don't have that visibility.

We encourage you to reach out to BMW support to see if they can look into this on their end, and if they need anything from Spotify's end, let us know so we can take a closer look. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I find it a bit sad that the provider, who is compensated monthly for this, leaves you alone in this regard and you have to take care of the problem yourself, which I think if Spotify communicated directly with BMW about this, there would definitely be a solution faster!.
I'll ask BMW and wish everyone happy holidays.

Hello. I contacted BMW (Connected Drive Support) - I insisted to have the "case" remaining "opened" so, I hope that an engineer or IT guy will have a look a it... - As my problem started when crossing a border, I still hope that it's maybe link to a particular server and that crossing the border again will maybe solve the issue. Just FYI : the BMW guy from the Customer service I had on the phone, which was very patient and very nice,  explained to me BMW stopped their partnership with Deezer for that kind of issue.  Wait and See...

Hello, i have the same problem. After contacting the BMW support, i am not sure, if that issue has the right priority for them. I hope, that Spotify has a key account manager covering BMW with a direct contact? Please help!

Thank you!

Best regards 

Andreas

I can also confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue with the built-in Spotify app on iDrive 7. Accessing the library shows a "No entries available." message. Have tried logging out/in as well as rebooting iDrive.

Deal Eni, please follow the ongoing discussion. Other users having the same problem. I‘m sure we will need your support to adress the issue at BMW. 
Thanks!

Andreas

I have been facing the same problem for a few days. Other forums are already puzzling over the problem. In fact, the problem is unlikely to be solved efficiently if Spotify only refers us to BMW. An incompatibility between the Spotify app and the Spotify servers has probably crept in.  Because "only" the library no longer works - but with it a very important element of the app. Spotify, please help to solve the problem in the short term and contact BMW.

The same problem here. No way to get library information. So there is no point in having spotify anymore specially with the support offered here. 

The problem started yesterday in The Netherlands so problem seems to spread and not consistent over countries. So I guess it’s a Spotify problem. 

It would also be interesting to find out whether this problem also occurs with other car brands or not, but unfortunately I don't know anyone who could answer this question for us.

My Original post was moved here considering Volvo's android app(Automotive OS) not showing playlists. Good thing i am not alone with this, hopefully there will be a fix coming for everybody. I see this as a Spotify's problem to solve with car manufacturer.

See the other thread on here where a Volvo owner has the same issue. 

So much for Spotify not being able to so more... Lol.

Same problem.  I wonder if you had spotify app auto updates off does the library show up or it's empty now even if you're on older version of the app

Same problem. Very annoying!

Same here in Germany: last week Favourite Songs missing, since yesterday the entire song library! I sent an email to BMW Customer Support, no idea how long it takes.

I have the same problem on a volvo. I guess the last spotify release is buggy in somewhere....

Suggested posts