Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Custom Taste Profile

i think spotify needs a new feature that gives users control over their taste profiles

so something might come up on the home screen saying "whats your favorite type of music?" in large size & "we'd love to know your taste! tap/click to pick your favorite genres" in smaller size and when the user taps/clicks they get taken somewhere they can search & select genres they love (1st things id pick are pop punk & emo!). selected genres show up in a list below the search bar, maybe with playlists to help the user explore their favorite genres. they also come with a X button in case the users taste changes and they wanna remove certain genres, when they select the X they see a pop up saying "remove <genre> from taste profile?" in large & "you can add it back if you change your mind" in small in case they accidentally select the X

(if the user misses it the 1st time they can find it in search under Taste Profile which appears next to Made for You in the big list of categories below the search bar)

once genres are selected spotify only recommends stuff relevant to those genres. no more bad recommendations! 👍😎

why do i suggest this? well...uhh...

around the start of 2024 my taste drastically changed after staying the same for 3 years, from 2020-2023 i used to only listen to trap, mainly mumble rap but in 2024 i realized i cared about lyricism & real topics so i started to dislike mumble rap. why? cuz it lacks lyricism, barely any rhyme schemes are more than 1 syllable where only the vowel matches & they never go beyond 2 and the most mumblers can do with wordplay is either brag about money or talk about gang violence/murder by referencing basketball players, namely Kobe (i bet hed be mad too if he was alive) in a way everybodys heard a million times. i get really bothered by brags cuz theres nothing unique about them to the point everybody knows their fake. i also CANT FREAKIN STAND the hood/street/gang stuff 😤! specifically i HATE NLE Choppa (his name should be a cuss word) cuz he (most likely) tries to intentionally torture/traumatize his listeners, he said stuff in his music that really upset me (specifically on his song DISABILITY CHECKS) 😭. pop punk/emo artists like jxdn & YUNGBLUD on the other hand (most likely) try to help their listeners feel better (jxdn's songs Tonight & BETTER OFF DEAD and YUNGBLUDs song Tongue Tied always cheer me up) 😌😂

while were on the subject artists i love include iann dior, jxdn, Juice WRLD (in fact i loved him when i was 12! dont like his hood/gang stuff tho), mgk fka Machine Gun Kelly, YUNGBLUD, blackbear, Huddy, Sueco, Travis Barker, MOD SUN...list goes on! ive mentioned i love pop punk & any form of emo, i also like Eminem (hes the goat, nobody rhymes or wordplays better!), anime rap, trap metal, dark trap that isnt street oriented, bubblegum trap & even aesthetic rap! but music i dont like? i dont like Drake, Future, Lil Baby, Metro Boomin, 21 Savage, NLE Ch**** (already mentioned), drill rappers, modern female rappers or hood mumble rappers.

sadly a lot of stuff i actually like (even Eminem) doesnt appear in anything associated with my taste profile while almost everything i dislike does 😞...but my idea can change that! 🤞😌

another spare idea (mobile only) is a dislike button in previews under Discover New Songs or Made for You playlists, if we run into a song we dislike we can hit dislike so nothing like that appears in our recommendations or anything associated with our taste profiles. under liked songs there might be a button that takes us to disliked songs (has to be hidden there cuz its not like we want a list of songs we dislike to be displayed!) where we can see what songs we disliked and possibly remove them if we change our minds

Updated on 2024-05-15

Hey @danetheriteboi,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 3: One change request per Idea.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
danetheriteboi
Novy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2024-05-15

Hey @danetheriteboi,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 3: One change request per Idea.

Thanks for understanding.