Step 1

NEXT STEP

large.png

Backstage Intro
Meet the Stars

Backstage Intro: Meet Huib!

MichaelW

large.png

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here. 

Hey there, @Hubo (Rock Star)! Tell us something about yourself.
Hey! I'm Huib. I'm 16 years old. I live in a small town near Haarlem, The Netherlands. I'm now in high school for about two-and-a-half more years. I love to watch movies and listen to music of course, also I like hanging out with friends.

IMG_0226.JPG
So, what kind of music are you into?
I like almost all music, but I think I'm most attracted to Indie and Folk. Those songs are usually calm and great for almost any occasion like studying or just hanging with friends. Nothing beats the sound of a guitar for me! 

Let's share your Wrapped 2016 top three! Tell us, why did you listen to these three so much?
I listened a lot to these songs. "9 Crimes" is one of my favorite songs by Damien Rice. I love how delicate and calm it sounds. I listened a lot to "Cake by the Ocean" during summer, it's one of my favourite summer songs of 2016 because it's up-tempo and sounds very happy. "Technicolour Beat" is one of my favorite songs to listen when I'm on my bike or in the car. I like the layers in the song and the vocals blending in with the background. Those were my favourite songs from 2016!

What's your opinion about today's music?
Hmm, I don't really like today's music. There is a lot of autotune involved in production and is usually just about making money. I do like some songs from the charts, but overall I'd rather listen to other music.

What is, in your opinion, the best year in music?
I think the 70s are great years and had a great impact on all music, especially Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley who made some great songs and changed the course of music which we can still see in our music now.

Thanks for taking your time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?
Usually jokes pop up during a conversation, but this always makes me laugh: "I was very lonely so I bought some shares. It's nice to have a bit of company."

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

12 Comments