Spotify + Waze Partnership

Community Manager
Community Manager
‎2017-03-15 10:09 AM

No car journey is complete without music.

That’s why we’ve partnered with Waze, the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app, to make sure your music and navigation can live in harmony.

Today, for the first time, Spotify users on Android* can get Waze started from the Spotify app after having selected music to play (see image below).

waze 2.pngwaze 3.png

This exciting integration lets Waze users enjoy a more lean back approach to music in the car. Passengers in the car can:

• Stay in Waze and control a subset of Spotify directly from the Waze app
  • Select recently played content and recommendations from Spotify directly inside the Waze app
  • Seamlessly switch between the Waze and Spotify apps with a single button
  • Continue to follow your Waze directions within Spotify

You can try out the integration by installing both Spotify and Waze to your device. 

So get ready to rock the road with Spotify + Waze. Find the best directions and playlists for your drive all on the same screen. We’ve got a Spotify playlist to kick start your journey:

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:3oAhVve3NUD2lf3IUH9Yzh

*Keep an eye here for updates on when this will be available for iOS users.

Note: Please drive safely and always obey traffic laws. Avoid reading or typing on the screen while your vehicle is in motion.

19 Comments
cclawrence
Garage Band

Is this the drive feature that was in testing?

Crille1
Regular

This was a Great thing.....😎

kodama
Regular

Spotify doesn't show Waze on my S7, unless I disable then re-enable waze in the settings 

Vortexmind
Bedroom Songwriter

This completely rocks. Thanks !

dnishimura
Regular

Seriously! I use Google Maps for driving, I hate the waze UI, and now I have WAZE ADS. Come on! I'm a premium user and I have to handle ADs!?!?!!? Take that away!

Romolusi
Music Lover

Im not ising the **bleep**ing waze and i will Never do. So i stated one time when spotify was started i want not use this and switched it off..

But now im asked ON EVERY START of spotify if i want tonuse waze. (Huge blue banner on the top)

I dont want to see this again... what i have to do???

Nikkelmann
Regular

This sucks! It keeps asking to connect to Waze every time I open the app.

I used to like the Spotify app - now genuinely hate it.

I'm a premium user.

BMWGirl
Regular

Is there any updated information about when this will work on the IOS systems?

fera_27
Regular

@BMWGirl:

I stand by your question, I would really like this feature to be usable on iOS, how long do we have to wait? :)

decarus
Regular

Oh but I can fix it by reinstalling the app and waiting 10 hours for 2,000 songs to re-download. So convenient!!!!!

bryvnt
Regular

This needs to hurry up and come to iOS such a great feature.

Smeefa1234
Regular

I selected no notification and I pay premium so why am I seeing this? I don't come round your house and walk in when you are watching TV and start banging on about some integrated app and even though you'd probably tell me to go away, carry on shouting about how you should have this. So why are you doing it to us? That's what email notification is for. Sort yourselves out you shower.

Sorry, this was aimed at Spotify and not the user above. There are loads of unhappy premium Spotify users receiving this nag screen that you can't turn off. It seems that you have to uninstall the app, clear the data, set it up again, download several thousand songs then you might be able to stop it. I don't feel that's right... 

dogsquadleader
Regular

Guys, I'd recommend you all hit up Spotify Tech support. A) they are quite good, and B) they want this off their plate, so the more they get hammered the more it is in their interest to make this annoying and ridiculous problem go away permanently!

zahni
Bedroom Songwriter

Have the same issue after connect my Android-Device through my car radio (Toyota). Please remove that banner. I don't want waze..

pwdrski
Music Fan

Couldn't agree more. I've tried everything to get rid of it with no luck. I'd don't pay premium price to be battered by their advertising partnership with Waze. I won't use the Waze app, get rid of the banner!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks, if you're seeing the Waze banner pop up constantly please check out this thread in our Ongoing Issues board:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Constant-Waze-Banner/idi-p/1718237

We're currently investigating this problem, thanks!

paytonsliepka1
Regular

Please add iOS support.

MarceloAsa
Regular

In waze spotify aplication is missing a searching window. Is necessary to open the app externaly to make searching. This is so bad. 

mularkey
Regular

This comes up every time I opened the app and crashing every **bleep**ing time no matter what I click. There's no way to disable it or the notification. So now I have a big blue notification at the top taking up 20% of my screen.

Spotify..you literally keep making the app worse. The android app with the menu on the left 5.6 was best and even hit had some seriously flaws. Android users do yourself a favor and get Titanium backup and backup every time before you update, the newer version is more likely to cause more problems and headache then to fix any of errors you're hoping they address! I pay for your service and you continue to give me more reasons to look to your competitors.