Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

A lot of songs became greyed out

Solved!

A lot of songs became greyed out

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

My Question or Issue

I wanted to listen to "My favorites 2019" (that yearly compilation) and noticed buch of songs greyed out. After checking my all in one playlist is turned out that around 10% of old Polish rock songs and around 70% of kpop disappeared, even ones I added no longer than 3weeks ago.

NightlyEnki_0-1614528812673.png

NightlyEnki_1-1614528840952.pngNightlyEnki_2-1614528860860.png

Just what happen?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@NightlyEnki @Roxofy @MyFirstAndLast 

Hey everyone,

Kakao M's catalog should be available again. Thank you for your patience.

I checked my library and it looks like most of the blank blacked out songs are now back in place without any action required. For some songs, you may have to re-add them to your collection. If some songs are still showing as blank and blacked out instead of greyed out when you have the "show unavailable songs" option turned on in settings, you can right click or tap the options for the song and select the "song credits" option to see the song title and artist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the same problem too. Apparently it is due to some issue between Spotify and Kakao M, and these songs are distributed by Kakao M. We can only hope that they figure this out and we get our music back.

I have the same problem! A lot of my favorite KPop songs disappeared or greyed out! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm so sad! 😭😭😭😭😭

Hey @NightlyEnki  @Roxofy  @MyFirstAndLast 

Hey, thanks for reaching out!

We can confirm that Kakao M's catalogue isn't currently available. Spotify would love to have them back too and are working on it, so hopefully they'll be back in the future.

There's more info about Spotify content here: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@NightlyEnki @Roxofy @MyFirstAndLast 

Hey everyone,

Kakao M's catalog should be available again. Thank you for your patience.

I checked my library and it looks like most of the blank blacked out songs are now back in place without any action required. For some songs, you may have to re-add them to your collection. If some songs are still showing as blank and blacked out instead of greyed out when you have the "show unavailable songs" option turned on in settings, you can right click or tap the options for the song and select the "song credits" option to see the song title and artist.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Songs on my playlist have grayed out for no apparent reason. I have a premier account and I use Android, Samsung. I like Spotify, too, but this is very disappointing.

Hi @MCmusix!

Do the songs appear greyed out on other devices (on the desktop app on your computer, for example) or on the Web Player? As mentioned previously, it's possible that they are temporarily unavailable in your region. The content on Spotify may vary over time and between countries, as this depends on the permissions from rights holders.

In case the songs were local files that you had on another device, note that they need to be uploaded to your phone as well in order for them to be playable.

In any case, feel free to share your playlist here so we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts