Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Annoying AD

Solved!

Annoying AD

Plan

Free

Country

India

My Question or Issue

Is it just me or are others also facing the problem of having the "jugnu" ad being really loud compared to the music? I have the normalize volume option on so i don't need to change the volume again and again between songs but when that ad plays, and it plays a lot believe me, the volume just jumps up and it hurts my ears and annoys me so bad. I don't have this problem with the other ads but it's this one specifically which is always loud so is there a way to report the ad cuz i don't wanna have to bear through it if i can just get another ad instead of this one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mewpew,

Thanks for your reply. 

We've gone ahead and reported this to the right teams. 

Other users also think it would be a good idea to have an option to not show a specific ad in the app. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Keep in mind that while the suggestion didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, you can still vote for it and comment there and we'll look into it once the idea reaches the required amount of votes.

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @mewpew

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to report this. Would you mind letting us know a rough time/date when you first heard/saw it, along with the make, model and OS version of your device? 

It would also be helpful to know the exact Spotify version you’re currently running. With this info, we’ll forward your feedback to the right folks.

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator

The time and date when I decided it was time to address this issue was yesterday, November 9th, right before I made this post because there was no way this ad was going to die and I can't make myself suffer through listening to that ad when I could just report it.

The model of my phone is a Samsung Galaxy M31 and the model number is SM-M315F/DS. The OS version of my phone is 11 and the Spotify version I'm currently using is 8.6.74.1176, which is the latest updated version available for my device.

I assure you that there are no issues with the app nor with my phone but only the ad. If there was a report ad option in the app itself for being uncomfortable or an "I don't like this ad" option then there would be no need for me to ask the community and bring more unnecessary trouble onto my plate.

Screenshot_20211110-002242_Spotify.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @mewpew,

Thanks for your reply. 

We've gone ahead and reported this to the right teams. 

Other users also think it would be a good idea to have an option to not show a specific ad in the app. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Keep in mind that while the suggestion didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, you can still vote for it and comment there and we'll look into it once the idea reaches the required amount of votes.

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Suggested posts